Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

bye bye proV, proV bye bye.

Posted by: user350048 | Tue 7th Aug 2012 16:55 | Last Reply

I have been a long time member of the 'prov1' fan club, (not through loyalty,just that i have loads of them,lol) but I could be cutting my membership card up.......I was playing in a foursomes the other day and obviously only needed 1 ball between the 2 of us, so I gave my brother the chance to use his prefered ball, he threw me srixon z star......wow, I eeked out a few more yards from the tee, super reaction from 150 in(got caught out a couple of times with to much back spin)and great feel around the greens, I was apprehensive about how it would come off the putter face, but no worries.....might this be the end a beautiful friendship and the beginning of a new one?

Im gonna give the srixon a few more games, but it doesnt bode well for the 'number one ball in golf'

Last edit : Tue 7th Aug 2012 16:56
re: bye bye proV, proV bye bye.
user250721
Reply : Tue 7th Aug 2012 17:58

Do you know Keegan Bradley?? ;-)

Last edit : Tue 7th Aug 2012 17:58
user250721
Reply : Tue 7th Aug 2012 20:23

John. Its funny you mention the FG tours. I have been using them for a year now and cant fault them.

user38216
Reply : Tue 7th Aug 2012 20:56

I'm a fan of Pro V1x but my other ball is Srixon Soft Feel, you cannot fault them for the money and they do not cut up like a vixer

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 7th Aug 2012 21:10

I do like the Pro V1's, but will also use the Z Star and the Bridgestone B330.

During the winter months I use the Srixon Soft Feel. Really good ball for the winter months.

Russ

user338942
Reply : Thu 9th Aug 2012 20:39

I'm a big fan of Z Stars. Been using them a few months now. Never been a fan of ProV1s due to the fact the ball is finished after a few solid wedge shots or bunker shots. The Z Star is very durable though. Wont be changing for a while.

user16106
Reply : Tue 14th Aug 2012 11:24

Im using ProV1 at the mo and quite like them. They may not be best suited to my slowish swing. Ive just ordered a Doz Z Stars. I will give them a go and report back when I break 80. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user16106
Reply : Mon 20th Aug 2012 19:00

Well I didnt break 80 I shot an 85 with 3 double bogies. I was amazed at these balls (Zstar ). The first fairway I missed was the ninth. Straight as an arrow. On The first 2 flat holes both drives (13.5 deg wood ) went 240-250yds. This is unknown territory for me as anyone who has played with me will testify. I am not the longest off the tee. Maybe it was the very warm weather or the nicely cut fairways. Or maybe the positive frame of mind I was in. But who cares? As the round went on my non gloved hand became very sweaty and I was not as straight off the tee. but from now on these are the ball for me. 20yds longer than prov1 and the same in other areas. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

Last edit : Mon 20th Aug 2012 19:05
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 20th Aug 2012 19:06

Try the Wilson Staff DX3 Soft. (see my post on this)

Feel like a Pro V1, Z-Star or B330, but much cheaper.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top