Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

MyFirst G tour event coming up.

Posted by: user264257 | Mon 6th Aug 2012 18:39 | Last Reply

I have entered the G tour on the 18th of aug any advice or what to expect on my first event.

re: MyFirst G tour event coming up.
user25808
Reply : Mon 6th Aug 2012 19:59

Hi Chris

I've played on many Gtour events so I hope I can help.

I would recommend getting to your event in plenty of time.Tee times are usually published by the Wednesday evening prior to the event.

When you arrive at the club Colin,who runs Gtour, will have a room or table set up for registration. You'll have coffee and bacon roll if you wish,chat to other competitors,it's all very relaxed.

Simon will on hand to take your photo on the 1st tee.other opportunities may arise for photos during your round.

After your round there be a presentation to the winners.

If you want to meet other golfers,play other courses with a competitive edge you'll really enjoy the Gtour.

Any other questions please ask.

user264257
Reply : Mon 6th Aug 2012 21:24

Thanks Adrain i have played in a few comps just not as high profile as G tour, do we play as fourballs and are you playing yourself. Do any players use caddies.

user25808
Reply : Mon 6th Aug 2012 22:09

Normally it's fourballs but depending on numbers there may be the odd 3 ball as well.

Caddies are ok but can't remember the last event a player had one.Most players wouldn't have a caddie normally.

I'm not available for Moor Allerton unfortunately.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it

user320021
Reply : Mon 6th Aug 2012 22:41

Dan,

I've played plenty of the GTour events aswell, you are welcome whatever your handicap as long as you want to have fun (there are very few people taking it really seriously!). If you have a look at the scores from previous events you can see that there is quite a wide range and so nothing to worry about!

Chris, as Adrian said it is welcoming and relaxing, just get there in decent time to be ready for your game and it will be fine. Moor Allerton should be good and I'll be there to try it for the first time.

Col

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 7th Aug 2012 08:24

Christopher/Daniel, there is also a good article here from Adam (Golfshake writer) who wrote an editorial piece after taking part in his first Gtour event way back in 2009

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/1322/Feature_Article_My_First_Gtour_Event.html

user141494
Reply : Tue 7th Aug 2012 10:15

Hello to anyone thinking of playing the GTour.

I have played on this tour for the past 4 years and can confidently say that I look forward to every event. Colin and Simon run the day with player enjoyment in mind. The events are up and down the country and mainly played at De Vere venues as they are one of the main tour sponsors.

I can honestly say to anyone, give it a go, you will not be disappointed.

Shane

user264257
Reply : Tue 7th Aug 2012 20:33

Thanks everyone for support and advice cant wait to play on it now.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 7th Aug 2012 21:13

I played three events last year and was fortunate enough to make the semi-final at Belton Woods.

The GTour events are a good way of getting into competitive golf, but most of the competitiors don't take it too seriously.

Get there early and just play your normal game, the rest will follow.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top