Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

fixing physical ailments to improve my swing

Posted by: user483059 | Sun 5th Aug 2012 21:51 | Last Reply

What is anyone doing about arthritis and its gradual intrusion into all of our swings ? I am almost 66 and hit a driver 240 - 260 on a good day and have an 8 handicap, but could do better if I could fix this debilitating arthritis !

re: fixing physical ailments to improve my swing
user410273
Reply : Sun 5th Aug 2012 22:10

Wish I had the answer Paul. My swing is way shorter than it used to be, and my length with all the clubs is slowly coming down. I've got a list of exercises, pain killers and natural remedies like fish oil capsules. Sadly 2 rounds in a weekend is a struggle, and 2 in a day, e.g. the Club Championship, are beyond me at the ripe old age of 53...

Sooo, I've spent time improving that which doesn't need length and strength. I pitch, chip and putt my way to good scores.

re: fixing physical ailments to improve my swing
user80078
Reply : Sun 5th Aug 2012 23:30

I sympathise Paul. Am coming up to 65 next month and my joints are starting to complain a bit. However would love to be able to say I can hit it as far as yourself. I take regular fish oils and vitamin C. I still have a reasonable all round game but know the value of a good short game so practice it when I can. Good Health !

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top