Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Best Round to Date

Posted by: user459944 | Fri 3rd Aug 2012 23:56 | Last Reply

Had to brag about this one folks as i thought i would never reach it. I'm a father of 5, and its not often me and the better half get a break, but today no kids about so we ventured out for a practice on our local 9 hole par 3 course for a round, sneaked in 2 rounds much to our amusement, Better half not over impressed with the greens or the fairways on the practice and actually moaned at me for not taking her out to the local golf course ( she doesnt play & it makes a change i normally get moaned at for spending too long out there lol !!), as it is literally next door to the 9 hole, we ventured round so i could show her the difference between a well maintained course & green to a practice range. After a little wander, we ventured into the 19th hole to enquire about how much it would be to hire a buggy for the following day (yes, better half had generous head on to go out again the following day!!) as we started to leave the course i said to her indoors how inviting the fairway looked with nobody on it, with that she stuck her foot on brake and said why dont you play a round then !! (result), of she toddles to get appropriate footwear as i book myself in and hire a buggy, after a 20min wait for better half to return (spent time killing the putting whilst waiting, not like practise not needed) ! better half returns and off we plod on 1st tee, he we go 1st hole and i know its going to turn into a nightmare as it always does when i tee off.....NOT SO, 1st drive 240yrds middle of fairway, 2nd shot 7 iron to back of green, little chip onto green, 2 putts, in the hole, 5 hits on a par 4 ! and so the game progressed from there, a few impressive drives, couple of dodgy shots, couple of bunkers and a few good putts later and the end result was a score of 99 on a par 69, not only my first break under 100 but a cracking round with her indoors admiring my swings !! a great day out and a fantastic round of golf, never ignore the better halves, sometimes they become a decent omen !

re: Best Round to Date
user430457
Reply : Sat 4th Aug 2012 11:28

Great stuff Tim; its great if you can share the time. My wife and i took up golf about 18 months ago, i play as much as i can but she doesn't get much time in but enjoys it when she can; sometimes we'll occasssionally do a par 3 course but she does like to come round the longer courses playing the odd hole or having a few chips, putts etc. So next time get her playing as well!

user459944
Reply : Sat 4th Aug 2012 20:51

paul, she just happy to watch, it was a cracking day, like i said she's me new omen so i will have to take her out with me again, just chuffed to have got it below 100 only been playing since april so it came as a massive surprise to have played so well considering the last 2 outings were 126 & 117, who says practise dont make perfect !!

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 5th Aug 2012 18:27

Congratulations on breaking the 100 mark.

Sounds like you've had one of those days.

Russ

user425195
Reply : Mon 6th Aug 2012 10:29

Tim, I'm jealous - I was fast approaching 100 until about 6 weeks ago when it all seemed to fall apart - fine on the range, but no game when I'm on the green stuff (keep topping and slicing!). I've stopped keeping score over the whole round now to remove the pressure and I'm gradually managing to peice things together, but slowly.

But well done, I'm sure it feels great, and I hope to join you soon!

user459944
Reply : Tue 7th Aug 2012 01:38

Greg, keep practising fella, it really does come eventually, i tell you, i was so shocked when i added it up on the 15th waiting to Tee off, it made me even more determine on the last 4 to do well.

Dan, i have to go with you on that one mate, she was giving me some right old gip when i wasnt taking my time on putting & chipping, made me slow my game right down though, did me a massive favour on the day i reckon.

Russ, that practise, practise, practise finally paying off methinks !! hopefully it not just a one off day ??!!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top