Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Most forgivving driver??

Posted by: user468941 | Tue 31st Jul 2012 17:37 | Last Reply

hi guys looking to start back with my driver again after using my 3 wood for a while i know most of oyu will say get lessons and i am also doing this but i was wondering which is the most forgiving driver out there? ive got mizuno irons so would ideally like to match them but not to bothered if i have to get another make just intrested in peoples thoughts/expieriances etc cheers

re: Most forgivving driver??
user389585
Reply : Tue 31st Jul 2012 17:41

Hi i used mizuno mp630 my balls was going to right i take few lessons this fix my drive but still losing to right after i change driver to ping g20 and now is ok Have nice day

user414746
Reply : Tue 31st Jul 2012 17:46

Rather than get a new driver, take some length of the shaft of your current one, for me that was the easiest way of making my driver take the consistency of the 3W with some more length.

user397946
Reply : Tue 31st Jul 2012 22:46

I have always struggled with the driver but have just invested in the Mizuno JPX800 with 12 degrees of loft. And It's true what they say, loft really is your friend.

Easily the most forgiving driver I have ever used.

user130832
Reply : Wed 1st Aug 2012 12:01

It's got to be PING G20

user38216
Reply : Wed 1st Aug 2012 19:39

Ping G10, if they've made a better one, why hasn't he changed!

user469358
Reply : Wed 1st Aug 2012 20:51

Most forgiving driver is almost certainly the Ping K15 which is designed for the higher handicapper. A friend of mine got one and not only did it straighten him up it added about 20 yards. I tried it and found it has a lovely bouncy feel as the ball comes off the face. Will be scouring ebay for one myself soon!

As for taking some length off your current driver, be careful if you do this as it will make the shaft stiffer and so if the stiffness of the shaft is part of your problem it will make matters worse. It would be wise to consult a pro and have your swing speed tested before getting the saw out!

user445877
Reply : Wed 1st Aug 2012 21:09

I have been using a Taylor Made R7 for about 18 months and tried the Nano Speed but really couldn't get it to work in 3 rounds so I took it back. Last week I tried 3 drivers at Direct Golf, Nike, Cobra and Adams. Out of these I found, much to my surprise, that the Adams was by far the most consistant and didn't have any drop in distance. However what it taught me is to try them out for yourself as different clubs and shafts suit different players. The big stores are really helpful but try to avoid a weekend!! Good luck.

user481916
Reply : Fri 3rd Aug 2012 17:20

I recently bought a Mizuno JPX 800 and it is a very forgiving driver. I am a beginner and have only just started playing and it gives me straight shots of about 200 yards almost every signal time. I tried a 7 drivers including a cobra S3 max, Nike SQ machspeeed, Taylormade Rocketballz before i settled on this one and i must it was worth the money I paid for it.

user24437
Reply : Fri 3rd Aug 2012 23:31

As I found out eventually almost all drivers can be forgiving. I struggled for years using all sorts of equipment usually with the same results, a wicked right slice. I've all but cured this with a combination of a new shaft and slowing down my swing, simple as that. After some advice I got my old Ben Hogan driver head fitted with an Aldila DVS60R shaft (a proper shaft, not the 65R OEM cheaper version) which suits my swing speed. OK, it's not a macho stiff shaft but at least I can get some consistency and although I'll never be a big hitter (I work on 220 yards max) I can now hit fairways which is half the battle. And it cost me about �80 all in Next project is to go for a deeply unfashionable old Callaway steelhead (250cc) with a fancy shaft...

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top