Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Anyone bought clubs from this website?

Posted by: user445877 | Sun 29th Jul 2012 15:37 | Last Reply

Hi, I am looking to buy a new driver and have looked around for the best deal (as well all like to do). I have thought that I should buy from a trusted local store and get the benefits of trying the club first. However I have found a website that seems extremely cheap compared with any other store but I am worried if I will get a fake club, or even nothing at all. The website is http://www.salegolfcenter.com and the item I am looking at is the Titleist 910D2. Cheapest I can find generally is �240 but on this site it is only �140...Has anyone else used this site, and if so what was the experience like?

Alternatively anyone got a 910D2 for sale, I need a 10.5 degree with a regular shaft. Thanks Andy

re: Anyone bought clubs from this website?
user106712
Reply : Sun 29th Jul 2012 15:44

Definitely a dodgey site. No address no telephone number. I wouldn't risk it, Not a Chance !!!

user445877
Reply : Sun 29th Jul 2012 15:46

That is my thoughts too. I have tried the online chat but it never seems to work. No phone number or address but they claim they are in London. Just the thought of saving �100 is very tempting!!

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 29th Jul 2012 15:54

This comment on the online chat under "Contact Us" says it all for me

~~~~

Hi, about to order a set of clubs �435 , how can I confirm you are a legitimate website , before I place my order 2012-07-18 18:28:19

Administrator Reply:Dear Sir, Please contact the online service staff for help. Best Regards

~~~~

In other words, we don't want to answer that in writing because if we say yes and you get a fake we haven't got a leg to stand on. I would give them the widest berth possible

user410273
Reply : Sun 29th Jul 2012 16:12

So its in London but they spell centre the American way...center. Also, they sell Ping but aren't listed on the Ping website as authorised stockists, i.e. Ping don't sell to them.

Dodgy as a dodgy thing that's very dodgy in a dodgy way. I wouldn't...

user445877
Reply : Sun 29th Jul 2012 17:25

So you think it might be dodgy then!! ;-)

user390191
Reply : Sun 29th Jul 2012 18:52

the site is registered from GoDaddy.com and the the name of the person who registerd it is jeferrson stadmire but as anyone would tell you ping dont sell online

user249902
Reply : Mon 30th Jul 2012 15:16

If it sounds/looks to good to be true, it usually isn't

user249845
Reply : Mon 30th Jul 2012 22:22

Andy, I don't know where you are based, but there is an offer on at the moment at Trevor Shorts pro shop, Boldmere golf course, near Sutton Coldfield. Titleist 910 drivers for �149. Had a look and there were several 10.5 regulars on the shelf, all genuine from a pga pro. Hope this helps.

user445877
Reply : Mon 30th Jul 2012 22:28

Hi Martin Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I am nowhere near Sutton Coldfield as that sounds a great deal and far more trust-worthy. I may do an internet search for them anyhow. I live in Surrey, and it wouldn't be worth driving all that way just to buy a club...it would end up costing more in petrol!

user356537
Reply : Mon 30th Jul 2012 22:32

Martin, do you have two daughters who are quite good at golf?

user249845
Reply : Mon 30th Jul 2012 22:47

No, don't have any kids. I've heard of the name though in the junior game. If only I had half of the talent....

user469358
Reply : Wed 1st Aug 2012 20:59

Definately a dodgy site, avoid like the mother in law!

user473042
Reply : Sun 5th Aug 2012 14:11

i found golfbidder.com on this site very good just bought a callaway diablo edge speedy dispatch and a 7 day return policy

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top