Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

What a load of Balls !!!!!

Posted by: user481043 | Thu 26th Jul 2012 15:54 | Last Reply

This topics really makes me laugh.........the advice you get Ok i got a mixed bag of lake balls with some Callaway.Nike Titleist , Dunlop and Donnay balls in (and others)

Some advice ..........oh i never use Titleist or use Srixon as a beginner the best one was im not using Nike balls cos the sponsor Tiger Woods!!!! somebody repliedwell give me your Nike balls then`

Any thoughts on this subject

re: What a load of Balls !!!!!
user432170
Reply : Thu 26th Jul 2012 17:21

I use the dunlop or donnay balls at the moment. I do have callaway cxr's but until my game improves they won't be used. This, because I had some srixon balls and lost them very quickly, money gone. I will get there eventually ( not lost any balls recently ) so could be soon. Looking forward to being able to 'feel' the ball on my shots.

user338942
Reply : Thu 26th Jul 2012 20:19

I'm with Dan. I think the better you better you get, the better you strike the ball and the more you appreicate the feel of a golf ball and workability around the greens.

user24437
Reply : Thu 26th Jul 2012 20:49

It's not really about what ball you use, the key is to use the same type of ball all the time - that way you get use to the feel of a certain brand. Personally I'm not sure of lake balls either, OK they've been resprayed and polished, but how long have they been submerged for and how much water has been absorbed? How much has the core degraded?

Better to stick with a budget brand and buy them new. I used to use Dunlop DDRs, cheap as chips for a sackful brand new but all the same.

user338942
Reply : Thu 26th Jul 2012 22:11

I'm with you on lake balls Tim. Lost my faith in them when I got a box of Titleists with the Callaway hexagon dimples!!

Also won/come across loads of refurbed Pro V1s, but they are never more than practise balls for me. All too often a good strike can leave an emlusion stain on the club face. The balls could be anything under that paint

user16163
Reply : Fri 27th Jul 2012 18:45

I personally go on eBay and get the "pearl" grade balls and to be totally honest they have been some of the best balls around for the price None are refinished and some look completely brand new whilst others just have small pen marks on them Currently using the Nike 20xi range of balls and I find them amazing Great feel off the club face and putter but the only problem I have found is the do cut up very easily with my wedges Brand new �30 a doz but from eBay you can pick them up from as little as �15-�20 a doz

user462914
Reply : Fri 27th Jul 2012 22:04

Well ive started to use srixon soft ball because i have not got a very fast swing speed and i find these balls great for around the green shots also i feel more confident with them.

user235379
Reply : Sun 29th Jul 2012 04:44

balls such as prov1's have a high spin rate which COULD make any slice or hook even worse which is another good reason to avoid them

user369251
Reply : Sun 29th Jul 2012 21:20

My preference is for refurb'd Nike balls, they seem to just be in good condition and have a good feel. Get them off amazon.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top