Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

How many balls do you use/lose per round ?

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Thu 26th Jul 2012 15:39 | Last Reply

Recent Bridgestone report showed Pros use 5 and amateurs 1.7 per round

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/4383/Bridgestone_Ball_Report_Pros_use_an_average_of_5_balls_per_round.html

I'll post some Golfshake stats later this week.

re: How many balls do you use/lose per round ?
user41192
Reply : Thu 26th Jul 2012 17:41

Between 1 and 2 a round.

user338942
Reply : Thu 26th Jul 2012 20:15

1.7 sounds about right for me. Probably only lose a ball every other round, but if I'm putting together a good score, I'll replace a scuffed ball (from a full wedge shot or bunker shot etc) with a shiney new one

user459944
Reply : Thu 26th Jul 2012 23:03

was up to 10 at one point (early days lol) now got it down to approx 4/5, have been on some dodgy rough lately though !!!

user430247
Reply : Fri 27th Jul 2012 20:05

any thing from 0 to 3 around for me ,,you allways have to give 1 up to the golf gods so yo can have a good game ,thats what we say

user80078
Reply : Fri 27th Jul 2012 20:57

Have lost 10 balls in last 2 rounds, but the rough at our course is diabolical. They have tried to blame the weather, but it was allowed to get out of hand some weeks ago. Prior to this situation I would make a ball last 2 rounds on average.

user397946
Reply : Sat 28th Jul 2012 13:03

Depends on the nature of the golf course aswell. I will typically lose 3 in 6 holes and then use the same one the rest of the way round!

user445877
Reply : Sun 29th Jul 2012 15:41

Just went round withut losing a single one, which was nice. The rough has been particularly bad recently which has meant a few ost balls when only just off the fairway. I would love to use 10-15 balls per round but can't afford �15-20 extra on top of the green fee.

user369251
Reply : Sun 29th Jul 2012 21:22

I try and use the same one, but generally lose 2/3.

user104417
Reply : Tue 31st Jul 2012 09:35

If it's a practice round I'll use the same one, unless I lose it :-P then I'll replace it with a scuffed ball. If it's a competitive round I'll replace it when it gets scuffed usually after 6 holes. The scuffed ball goes into the practice pocket. As Jack says, a lot depends on the course and the game you've brought with you on the day!! ;-)

user21179
Reply : Tue 31st Jul 2012 10:02

I have lost 1 ball in each of the 3 last rounds played. All 3 were wayward drives into long rough (like everywhere at the moment) and not found. I dont tend to scuff balls (i think its because i sweep rather than take deep divots this time of year ) so i only replace a ball if i need to reload !! As a general rule 1.7 sounds about right for me, 0 lost means a good round and 2 lost means a bad round.

user26342
Reply : Tue 31st Jul 2012 13:52

I can go about 6 rounds without losing a ball & then lose 3 or 4 in one round. Suppose it evens it self out?

user469358
Reply : Fri 3rd Aug 2012 10:13

The rough seems to have got very thick at most courses, ours included, supposedly because of all the rain we had. I also think there are austerity measures going on with the greenkeeping budget. What seems to happen with me is I will lose one but find two, neither of which were mine.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top