Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Help my socks keep slipping!

Posted by: user444215 | Thu 26th Jul 2012 07:27 | Last Reply

I wear a pair of Nike Lunar Control shoes to play golf usually in conjection with a pair of Nike golf socks. The problem? My sock on the right foot keeps slipping down into my shoe which affects or rather makes my swing uncomfortable, even with pulling up my socks before the swing sequence commences, somewhere in the foot turn the sock slips! I've tried other brands of socks and the result is the same. I played a twilight 9 holer under the glorious wheather of the last few days and wore my shoes without socks -yeah, I know- and ended up shooting my best round ever! I really don't want to make a habit of sock less playing can any resolve this odd golfing dilemma?

re: Help my socks keep slipping!
user320021
Reply : Thu 26th Jul 2012 08:45

do your shoes up tighter! It will hold the sock in place and keep better traction with the foot to shoe to ground.

user50354
Reply : Thu 26th Jul 2012 12:13

Try the socks in other shoes - it maybe an insole problem in the right shoe...

user338942
Reply : Thu 26th Jul 2012 20:20

I have never bought or owned a pair of 'golf' socks.

Could someone please enlighten me on the benefits of golf socks over a pair of Primark Specials? (Which by the way dont slip)

user289859
Reply : Thu 26th Jul 2012 21:51

Apparently, instead of being just the one layer of cotton/polyester, golf (or "sports") socks have 2 thin layers, so they rub against each other, rather than the "normal" socks rubbing straight against your foot.

user338942
Reply : Thu 26th Jul 2012 22:17

Cant say I've ever found that to be an issue. Each to their own I guess

user451055
Reply : Fri 27th Jul 2012 09:04

I wear 2 pairs of thin cotton sock - they rub against each other rather than me and are cheaper than 1 pair of golf socks.

I have also had the same issue of socks keep riding under my foot. It was one specific pair of socks so I consigned them to the bin! Was the most annoying thing ever and ruined my round.

user235379
Reply : Fri 27th Jul 2012 10:34

This is one of my more serious pet hates. i have tried many brands of sock and have found nike ones to be the best but slippage is still an issue and i.m for ever pulling them up

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 27th Jul 2012 14:21

I didn't even know about specific golf socks until earlier this year but can see the benefit especially because I wear special socks for running, mainly additional padding around impact areas.

Feature on FootJoy Merino socks here -

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/3847/New_FJ_Merino_Tour_Sock_Ultimate_Comfort.html

user23669
Reply : Sat 28th Jul 2012 22:13

I use the Wilson crew sock 10 pairs in a pack & never have a problem in 20 years (obviously I have bought new ones in that time).

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top