Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Started trying to play again

Posted by: user481043 | Wed 25th Jul 2012 18:32 | Last Reply

Hello, Started up again after a basically giving up just under 2 yrs ago,Got a couple of health issues but i`m ok.

My big problem was/is is teeing off i dare not use a driver and my 3 wood isn`t that much better. Only had the roll up lessons and that was yrs ago.

I think ive got to have proper lessons ..... but how many ??? Ive had loads of advice from tee it high or use an offset driver.

I can`t play every week but would like to improve any suggestions would be appreciated Cheers

re: Started trying to play again
user459944
Reply : Wed 25th Jul 2012 18:49

Hi, you have'nt said what the issue is with your teeing off, hook/slice?? if you are at the point of frustration and cant afford the lessons check out the videos on here or youtube for basics would be my advice, have you any friends you play with that might be able to give you pointers ??

user52922
Reply : Wed 25th Jul 2012 20:41

AN, there is enough good information on the internet to enable you to, first of all, understand what the basic mechanics of a golf swing should be. Once these basics are mastered in your head, then, and only then attempt to put them into practice.

This game was never meant to be easy, but that does not mean that one cannot learn sufficient to be able to play to a respectable standard and once attained, the pleasure.

user459944
Reply : Thu 26th Jul 2012 00:05

took the words right out my mouth John, AN, best suggestion if you have played before is start on your irons, once you have gone back to mastering the basics on these, step back up to your woods/driver. failing that try slow 1/2 swings on woods / driver to build up confidence, we'd all like to slog it first go and perfectly straight but it never goes like that, slowly,slowly, catchy monkey lol

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top