Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Best Round Ever - Update

Posted by: user451055 | Wed 25th Jul 2012 07:05 | Last Reply

Well yesterday was one of those sublime days when it all came together. I was playing in the first round of a 2 round eclectic medal competition. Had a terrible time on the range, shanked every single chip so wasn't feeling great.

Bearing in mind I am a 25 handicapper starting the round par par was fantastic. I then managed to play the whole round without exceeding my handicap on any hole.

As it came to the last 3/4 holes I kept wondering when it was going to end but on the 17th I nearly got a hole in 1. I hit the flag which I have never done before. Missed the birdie putt but did finish par, par on 17th and 18th.

End result was a gross 89. That is the first time I have ever beaten 90 - in fact I have only beaten 100 once before!

It is a tough par 75 at Moortown (ladies course) so that works out as a net 67.

Totally over the moon.

Only downside is due to the nature of the competition there is no handicap reduction.

re: Best Round Ever - Update
user451055
Reply : Wed 25th Jul 2012 09:05

Miscalculation! It was a net 64 not a net 67! The computer calculated my net score on 7/8ths as that is what it used after 2 rounds. So for 1 round off normal handicap it was a net 64! Even happier with that!

user451055
Reply : Wed 25th Jul 2012 11:19

I completely agree and was gutted to find out it didn't count. The comp was the first part of a 2 round eclectic medal competition, so you go into the round knowing that if you bugger up a hole you have a second chance in the 2nd round on Thursday. I guess that means you are in a different mindset to a normal medal round. Thing is, after getting a par on hole 1 my only thought after that was to do a good round, I didn't even think of the competition. Nothing I could do though - I even checked on the Congu website to make sure and they confirm that any round that is purely part of an eclectic and not a individual competition round in it's own right is non qualifying.

They could have pulled me on general play but they didn't - so I will just have to repeat it on Saturday in the Presidents Cup competition. Same handicap, great form and on the short tees - what could possibly go wrong!

user451055
Reply : Wed 25th Jul 2012 11:39

With that round my handicap should have gone from 25.2 to 20.8

I asked everyone I could think of with influence to pull me on general play but they just said it was tough luck I did it in a NQ comp.

Will just have to make them regret it by winning again

user16106
Reply : Wed 25th Jul 2012 12:07

Well done Judy. Your Golfshake handicap will come down though. Next step sub 80. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user80078
Reply : Wed 25th Jul 2012 12:39

Congratulations Judy! Now you know you can do it, get out there and repeat!

user249902
Reply : Thu 26th Jul 2012 16:41

Judy If you mange to get another round -4 handicap then that should activate ESR, then the committe are obliged to adjust your handicap

user451055
Reply : Fri 27th Jul 2012 09:22

Well I played the second round of the eclectic last night and managed to drop another couple of shots and won the whole thing with a net 65 (gross 87) playing off 7/8ths HCP.

It was a board competition too so will have my name up forever!

I have a stableford on Saturday (Presidents Day off the short course), medal on Sunday and stableford on Tuesday. Those three should sort out if it was a fluke or not!

user23669
Reply : Sat 28th Jul 2012 22:25

Well done Judy hope you do well at the weekend.

I have played a couple of great scores & then normal scores returned. It hurts as my club Handicap is 17 but on here it is 13 I think so when I enter golfshake events I have to play alot better.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top