Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

The Open

Posted by: user338942 | Mon 16th Jul 2012 20:09 | Last Reply

Simple one - who is going??

I'm there Friday. Keeping everything crossed that its fairly dry!!

re: The Open
user451055
Reply : Tue 17th Jul 2012 10:35

I'm going Thursday and very excited about the whole thing - can't wait!

user127343
Reply : Tue 17th Jul 2012 13:37

I was there on Sunday for the first day of practice. Got very close to Tiger and Ricky Fowler and got some great photos. There was quite a few players out on the course. The prices are �70 entry and �15 to park your car on comp days. The prices in the official merchandise shop are a joke. For example a sleeve of 3 balls that cost �5.50 in our pro shop is �9.50. So you paying nearly double for the price because they are in an Open 2012 box. Take your own sandwiches and drink too unless you dont mind paying �2.90 for a tray of soggy chips lol. The bunkers have very wet sand in them and the rough is penal - Im talking knee high. Have a great time if you do go on comp days I may go again myself as it only comes round once a year, regards, Michael.

Last edit : Tue 17th Jul 2012 13:40
user118394
Reply : Tue 17th Jul 2012 14:58

i am up there saturday got tickets early so only �60 !!!!

user437159
Reply : Tue 17th Jul 2012 16:20

im up on saturday.

user338942
Reply : Tue 17th Jul 2012 22:08

Tickets already bought. 4th Open, so know all about the horrible food and merch prices. Always a great day. Last time at Lytham in 2001 I got a Tiger's signature on my hat. Over the moon with that, still got the hat purched on the bookshelf

user451055
Reply : Wed 18th Jul 2012 10:24

To completely hijack this thread - I have Gonzo and Quiros in the sweepstake - anyone else got a sweepstake investment?

user451055
Reply : Fri 20th Jul 2012 14:33

Went to Lytham yesterday and had a brilliant time. Top viewing spots are the back row of the stand behind the 12th tee and the 8th green. If you are right at the back of the 8th you get 8,9 and 10. From the back of the 12th tee on the back row you get the 12th and if you turn round the 11th too.

Loved the course - great for viewing as a spectator and looks to be mighty tough as a player.

Top golfing moment was standing right behind Steve Stricker as he holed in 2 on 13th for an eagle.

Top non golfing moment was going a over t and sliding down one of the many mounds and being told by a marshall to sod off to Blackpool if I wanted to play on the slides! All in great humour and we were killing ourselves laughing.

user260507
Reply : Sat 21st Jul 2012 07:02

Slightly off topic but anyone venturing to Turnberry for Senior Open next week??? Forecast looking pretty good and can't beat west coast of Scotland when the sun is shining :-)

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top