Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

handicap adjustment

Posted by: user479135 | Mon 16th Jul 2012 11:27 | Last Reply

I have a handicap of 14 on a par 64 course which has no par 5's on it, how do I adjust this handicap to allow for a par 72 course as i find I cannot get anywhere near my handicap on a full par 72 course.

re: handicap adjustment
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 16th Jul 2012 13:13

Unfortunately the UK system is not like the US so there is no system in place to apply a course rating/course handicap when you move between courses.

Potentially you could use the SSS and adjust from there so if your course is SSS 64 and the other SSS 72 then you would add 8 shots to your existing handicap thus making 22.

re: handicap adjustment
user355541
Reply : Mon 16th Jul 2012 14:58

There is no need to adjust handicaps when playing different courses. If you have assessed your handicap on your par 64 course, it will have been assessed against the Standard Scratch Score of the course which will not necessarily be the same as the par. However, assuming par and SSS are both 64, with your assessed handicap of 14 you would be expected to score 78 to play "exactly to handicap". If you play on a course with par 72 and SSS 72, you would be expected to score 86 to play "exactly to handicap". Your handicap doesn't change but the score to "play to handicap" changes.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top