Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Sunburn.

Posted by: user432170 | Sat 14th Jul 2012 00:20 | Last Reply

I know this seems like quite a silly post but does anyone else suffer from a white hand or all you all smart enough to remember to lotion up when the sun is out.

I played 27 holes on 120712 with the sun beaming down. Fab day until I took my glove off. One hand white and one red. ( worth it though. )

re: Sunburn.
user406037
Reply : Sat 14th Jul 2012 00:39

Haha.... how true James!!! im the same, my nose will go red with sun burn so will my arms (mainly because i never remember to put any cream on) and then when my burn turns to a nice brown colour i always have a white left hand!!

user451055
Reply : Sat 14th Jul 2012 10:48

I take my glove off when walking between shots and that helps a lot. It seems a faff when you first start but once you get into the habit it is fine. It also stops your hand and glove getting too sweaty in hot weather. I usually attach it to one of my wooly headcovers using the velcro so the wind dries it out. I also suffer from red nose too. I try and remember suncream but also wear a big wide rimmed sun hat which I can get away with being female!

Last edit : Sat 14th Jul 2012 10:49
user417527
Reply : Sat 14th Jul 2012 18:29

I put factor 30+ on, but when you're out there for 4 hours it doesn't make a lot of difference. You will still end up with "white hand".

Still, it's not as bad "white line forehead" when you wear a cap

user432170
Reply : Sat 14th Jul 2012 21:13

Just started wearing a cap, never thought of that.

user79118
Reply : Sat 14th Jul 2012 22:01

Judy, what about the white lines you get between your eyes and ears when wearing sunglasses? They look daft aswell. James, I once heard a saying "Never play golf for money against a man with a white left hand" Hmmm. Me thinks a white left hand makes you LOOK like a good golfer.

Last edit : Sat 14th Jul 2012 22:02
user451055
Reply : Mon 16th Jul 2012 08:12

Chris - that is why I have switched to the wide brimmed hat. I used to wear sunglasses but ended up looking like I had been skiing! I now wear them if it is too windy for a hat!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top