Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

The Open

Posted by: user350048 | Fri 13th Jul 2012 17:47 | Last Reply

Hi folks,

Next week Im of the Blackpool for a few nights out, and have just been told that there is some golfing match being played at Lytham....only joking.

I havent been to The Open since it was at Lytham last timr round...the issue is this...last time i can clearly remember taking my own food n drink( i mean beers) in with me...

Does anyone know if it allowed or not...the open website says thay mobile will be alloewd but no mention of food n drink

re: The Open
user473042
Reply : Fri 13th Jul 2012 18:22

will find out for you my dad is doing security at the open also if you need a hotel try this www.newderinahotel.co.uk

user397946
Reply : Fri 13th Jul 2012 19:41

I don't know the answer but if i had to guess i would say they would have no problem with you bringing food in but taking your own beer would be a no no.

user473042
Reply : Fri 13th Jul 2012 23:16

It's a big fat NO also no boxs or step ladders god help you if your a dwarf

user451055
Reply : Sat 14th Jul 2012 10:52

You can take a picnic lunch with you no problem. We have taken food in before. Not sure about liquids though.

user451055
Reply : Sat 14th Jul 2012 10:53

You can take a picnic lunch with you no problem. We have taken food in before. Not sure about liquids though.

user473042
Reply : Mon 16th Jul 2012 20:34

yep thats what i was told

user473042
Reply : Mon 16th Jul 2012 20:40

it's because the food stalls pay a franchise to be there so i guess that,s why they try to stop as much food coming in as they can

user469358
Reply : Mon 16th Jul 2012 21:43

Expect to pay something like �10 for a burger, I would try to get your own food in and if anyone says anything tell them you are diabetic or something.

user451055
Reply : Tue 17th Jul 2012 08:10

I have checked and you can definitely take both food and drink in but there is a limit. You can't carry in a crate of beer and a coolbox of food but you can take in a packed lunch and a bottle of wine/soft drinks We always take our own food and a couple of bottles of water but buy other drinks there. If you take your own food you can just about afford to buy drinks!

We will be leaving Leeds at about 5.30am on Thursday aiming to make Lytham for 7am. Will be there until about 7pm and then back home to watch the highlights. After that will be glued to sofa for 3 days. Can't wait!!!

user127343
Reply : Tue 17th Jul 2012 13:46

I was there on Sunday - I know it was only a practise day but there was no problem taking in our own food and drink. They have x ray machines now like you see in airports and all bags are x rayed, regards, Michael

user473042
Reply : Wed 18th Jul 2012 08:29

sorry about the bad info i had given yes you can take food and booze in

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top