Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Summer Golf?

Posted by: user382439 | Fri 13th Jul 2012 10:03 | Last Reply

Ok, as summer is now in full swing can I ask a question about playing in the rain.

I played a round yesterday and at the start it was fairly dry and I started off playing some fairly steady golf, then the rains came (again) and I was really struggling to make any decent connection with the ball. The main reason being that the club grips became wet, my hands and glove got wet and it just felt like the clubs were slipping the whole time. My round went from a potential mid 80's to somewhere in the high 90's. I tried with and without my standard golf glove and it didn't seem to make any difference.

So, apart from the obvious (stay at home it's raining you fool!). Do you have any tips on how to get yourself around a golf course when it's raining so persistently as it's not something I've faced before?

Thanks Gav

re: Summer Golf?
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 13th Jul 2012 10:25

Check out the Hirzl golf gloves or any wet weather glove

http://www.golfshake.com/improve/view/1249/Hirzl_The_Ultimate_Golf_Glove.html

user451055
Reply : Fri 13th Jul 2012 10:48

Rainy days

1) Take plenty of spare gloves so you change during the round 2) I have a trolley with a brolly holder so I can keep the brolly up over everything and hang my towel in it 3) Make sure you have a decent bag cover otherwise those spare gloves will just get wet. 4) Keep your glove off and in your pocket as much as possible. If it is on keep your hand in your pocket. 5) Dry your grips under your brolly and hold your club under brolly and then duck out to take your shot - straight back under brolly - glove off - into pocket, dry grip and replace in bag. 6) When on the putting green I stick the grip end of putter under armpit to keep as dry as possible until time to putt. Dry grip before putting back in bag, 7) Accept it will take longer to get round but you do get into a rhythm after a while.

If you are carrying in the rain then that is just miserable! Very hard to keep anything dry.

user16106
Reply : Fri 13th Jul 2012 12:25

Gav, I can highly recommend "Nomis" kangeroo skin gloves (not cheap ). Grip like glue in the wet. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user64715
Reply : Fri 13th Jul 2012 12:40

I would second what Judy saids, with one addition: a second golf towel under that umbrella, one is usually never enough and if you keep one drier than the other then you you have a fighting chance of a decent grip.

user382439
Reply : Fri 13th Jul 2012 15:10

Thanks guys , really appreciate your thoughts and comments. I'm playing in a comp. tomorrow morning so will bear those things in mind, it might even give me an edge as the weather looks grim again!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top