Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Played my first round today!

Posted by: user474179 | Wed 11th Jul 2012 22:21 | Last Reply

I thought I'd just share with you that I played on a course for the very first time today, i went along to a starter clinic at a club not far from me and met some very friendly members whom invited me to play with them and so they could show me round. they gave me lots of encouragement and advice and i really did enjoy myself. I didn't bother scoring and wont be doing for the first few times, but just get a feel for it, its certainly alot differant than being on the driving range. It took a few shots to get to the green but they have told me i am a very good putter The main thing is i didn't kill anyone, i didn't lose any balls and i didn't hack up the course and i haven't broken my clubs yet!..lol Ive now taken out the 2 month taster membership so bring it on

re: Played my first round today!
user390191
Reply : Wed 11th Jul 2012 23:58

well done and glad you had fun plus ladies don't swear lol, hope you have lots of fun and make new friends

user451055
Reply : Thu 12th Jul 2012 09:09

Not losing a ball in your first ever round is brilliant! Quite right not to keep score too - I made the mistake of keeping score when I started (but then I am a data nerd) and it didn't help me at all. Much better to just practice and enjoy without the pressure of a score.

user437159
Reply : Thu 12th Jul 2012 12:19

well done! the first round of many!

user80078
Reply : Thu 12th Jul 2012 22:22

Well done. Glad you enjoyed it. Very sensible to play and let scoring come later. Did you play at Lincoln Golf Centre? PS. There a many golfers who would give their right arms to be good putters (joke in there).

user462914
Reply : Thu 12th Jul 2012 23:22

Well done enjoy all your games and good luck.

user389585
Reply : Fri 13th Jul 2012 16:52

Well done

user459944
Reply : Fri 13th Jul 2012 18:42

sam, well done on your first round, just a thought though if i am playing a round practice or not i always make a note of what i have done even if i dont submit the card, gives you something to better next time you go out ie scored 126 next time i go out aim for 125 or better, also shows you your poor bits of the game that you can work on next time you go and practice, ie short game, putting, driving etc, congrats on not losing a ball though, i lost 9 on my first time out !, always best to try and block out those that are watching and imagine you are on the driving range, works for me, the fun part is if your at a golf club that has the 1st & 9th right under everyones noses then you REALLY feel the pressure lol, well done though, as i was told your not longer a golfing virgin lol.

user80078
Reply : Sat 14th Jul 2012 14:35

Lovely little course at Sudbrooke. Very well maintained. An excellent place for a first membership. Enjoy your golf.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top