Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Pre-golf music

Posted by: user43166 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Wed 11th Jul 2012 08:24 | Last Reply

What music do you listen to on the way to the course?

Does it matter? Does the right music make you play better? Should it be calming / invigorating / pumping?

Sad as I am, I kept a record of this for 2-3 months a couple of years ago... the conclusion? Inconclusive!!

I used to play really chilled out music (e.g. Pink Floyd). Last week I went for Nirvana, got to the course all pumped up and played a blinder!!

What do you reckon?

re: Pre-golf music
user459944
Reply : Fri 13th Jul 2012 19:22

if i go on my own its got to be my Iron Maiden or Def Leppard !! not allowed to listen to in house or in car with other people, some people just don't have any taste in my house lol, gets the adrenalin going for that first tee drive !!!

Last edit : Fri 13th Jul 2012 19:23
user417527
Reply : Sun 15th Jul 2012 10:20

I used to listen to Def Leppard before I played football, but I have never really considered "mood music" for golf. I imagine that any calming influence that music might have on my game would disappear the moment I see my tee shot hooking into some bushes

user41192
Reply : Sun 15th Jul 2012 23:29

Bob Dylan's "Forever Young". Only because I'm getting on a bit and I wanna be forever young so I can carry on playing this great game.

user469358
Reply : Mon 16th Jul 2012 11:32

Fairway to heaven by Led Zeppelin or perhaps Bogey Wonderland by Earth Wind and Fire!

Last edit : Mon 16th Jul 2012 14:25
user43166
Reply : Wed 18th Jul 2012 08:12

Ha ha, love the replies. How about...

• The birdie song by the idiot with the stupid green puppet (or was it yellow?)
  • Gimmee, gimmee, gimmee - abba
  • Straight down the middle - Bing Crosby

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top