Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Practice

Posted by: user455045 | Tue 10th Jul 2012 13:19 | Last Reply

Just thought I might post about a successful practice session on my own. After some tips by a more competent friend,I ventured out on my own. Bingo.....................after a bucket of 50 balls ,I reckon to have hit about 40 straight, out of those I had some good distance. I feel fantastic. So all you old swingers out there .....keep on giving your top tips to those who are less able. Some of it does go in.

re: Practice
user459944
Reply : Tue 10th Jul 2012 13:26

John, feels sweet when you finally start getting them to go straight eh lol, my biggest frustration is the fact the go perfect on the poxy driving range but not on the course, think a lot of it to do with the matts etc, so have moved over onto the grass area and its getting a lot better 7/10 straight (ISH), just tham dam short game frustrating me at them moment !

user455045
Reply : Tue 10th Jul 2012 18:20

Thanks for the encouragement. I think most teachers of the game say the " same thing " just using different words " LOL. It's the same I think for those on the recieving end of a golf lesson.......it's how we understand what they are trying to say. Anyway one good practice will not make me a golfer ,but it will bolster my confidence and enthusiasm going into the next one ...............FORE!

user459944
Reply : Wed 11th Jul 2012 00:19

John, have to admit most of the advice i have got on here is pretty solid especially from a lot of the low handicap lads, you have to remember this is not only an enjoyable game but a blinking frustrating one also, take the rough with the smooth, and laugh off the crappy shots (and learn from them) and pat yourself on the back for the good ones (no other bugger will lol) and above all else practice, practice, practice. i live for the under 100 day ! its coming just dont know when but until it does i'll keep on smacking them hard or soft lol

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top