Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Goodwood Golf Course

Posted by: user459944 | Mon 9th Jul 2012 21:35 | Last Reply

has anyone played at Goodwood Golf course lately and how did they rate it?? was down there last week at the festival of speed and was amazed at how fantastic the greens & course looked for that matter, checked out the website to find it only �30 per round, just wondered what anyone thought of it as its allegedly ranked 77th on golfs top 100??

re: Goodwood Golf Course
user250721
Reply : Mon 9th Jul 2012 22:50

Will keep my eye on this....I'm off there at the Ensor the month for 2 days....

user21179
Reply : Mon 9th Jul 2012 23:37

Hi Tim, The Downs course at Goodwood is fantastic but not sure you can get on for �30 unless you are with a member and then you use their tokens. The price you have is more than likely for the Park course. It is still a nice track but nowhere near the layout of The Downs. I was a member there before kids came along and love the place. If you do get to play The Downs enjoy it but be aware of how tough your round will be !

user425195
Reply : Tue 10th Jul 2012 12:24

Hi Tim and Matt, I played it yesterday - it's a fantastic course. It's very challenging, but I got around without making a complete arse of myself, I went on a corporate and some very low handicappers were struggling to get to 30 points. The rough is brutal! Worth the trip for the second hole alone - 200 yard tee shot to lay up for a 75 yard drop down to the pin about 150 yards on - can't take the whole thing from the tee due to 'forest' on the slope. Some of the views are spectacular, and you can find yourself forgetting to take your shot as you look over the sea to the Isle of White - I recomend it.

Last edit : Tue 10th Jul 2012 15:25
user459944
Reply : Tue 10th Jul 2012 13:22

Tim, your correct it is the Parks Course. http://www.goodwood.co.uk/golf-at-goodwood/pay-and-play/pay-and-play.aspx

Greg, thanks for that, might be worth a round then just for the challenge, see golfbreaks ar doing an offer for �99 Dinner & B&B plus 2 rounds, might have to grab that one.

user21179
Reply : Tue 10th Jul 2012 15:41

That deal would be well worth going for Tim. The food in the kennels is really good aswell.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top