Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

joined a club (well sort of)

Posted by: user390191 | Mon 9th Jul 2012 14:29 | Last Reply

just joined a local club to me cost me �50 for the year i can enter the comps and get reduced green fee and i can use all the stuff they have, and before you say they must be deparate alot of clubs are offering this and as i only play weekends to me its a good deal and i save on fuel also

re: joined a club (well sort of)
user451727
Reply : Mon 9th Jul 2012 15:42

That's some deal that Karl. A 18 hole round at the weekend at the club where I have just joined on a 5 day membership is �25. If what you are saying is you can play as much as you like at the weekends for a sum total of �50 per annum then well done.

user390191
Reply : Mon 9th Jul 2012 18:49

no colin it �50 but i still pay green fees to play but with i get a handicap and can enter club comps and samantha no its a club in cheshire seems to me lots are offer deals to get the weekend golfer in

user16106
Reply : Mon 9th Jul 2012 19:10

I do believe this is known as an associate member. Proper handicap, club comps and also elligable for other club open comps. Good deal. Im looking for similar in the Sussex, Surrey area. Dave CAC handed Geordie

user52922
Reply : Mon 9th Jul 2012 19:22

Dave, have you tried Sweetwoods Park on the A264 just past the wonderful 9 hole Holtye.

I used to drive down from London to play there as an Associate member. I believe it was called Elm membership with reduced green fees. A great track.

user16106
Reply : Mon 9th Jul 2012 20:36

I have played there john. Very nice course, about 40 mins drive from me. Ill check it out. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user43166
Reply : Wed 11th Jul 2012 08:36

Didn't fancy Reigate Hill then Dave?

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 11th Jul 2012 10:55

Many years ago I join Thorne Golf Club (near Doncaster) as they had a 'Handicap Membership'.

I paid a small amount up front and then I could play in the competitions and get an official handicap.

Still had to pay the member's guest green fee.

But for me it was perfect, I got an official handicap, could play in the competitions and I would have paid a green fee just to play!

Russ

user16106
Reply : Wed 11th Jul 2012 12:08

Paul Im still looking at options in the area. I will have to play reigate hill 1st before enquiring. But at the mo cant afford 7 day membership and 5 day is no good to me. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top