Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Sod off rain.....

Posted by: user250721 | Sun 8th Jul 2012 07:13 | Last Reply

As I lay here on the sofa, at 7:111am on a Sunday morning, thinking about the fact I should be getting my together for the North v South. Obviously all i can hear is the rain hitting the windows.......

Wondered if it is ever going to stop? The lack of golf is killing me.......

re: Sod off rain.....
user356537
Reply : Sun 8th Jul 2012 08:26

I agree! Perhaps we'll get to have that match on TW if it keeps raining like this.

As I'm not golfing this morning, I'm going to put in a few laps round Silverstone on F1 2011 to get in the mood for this afternoon....except the rest of the household want to watch the tennis!

Have you signed up for GML again? I said I wasn't going to but couldn't resist!

Richard

user38216
Reply : Sun 8th Jul 2012 08:29

I going out at 11 whatever the weather!!

user250721
Reply : Sun 8th Jul 2012 08:34

Rich - I'll probably be watching the tennis later too. Haven't signed up again. Not going to either. TW is on, just tweet me when your ready to go......

Dave- your lucky. Most, if not all, the courses here are or are going to be closed, 8th of July, it's unbelievable.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 8th Jul 2012 09:14

I'm leaving the house in about 45 mins to have 36 holes. No rain here (yet) and the sun even had a bit of peek from behind the clouds earlier. Both of our courses are open and no restrictions on. Expecting some light showers late this afternoon

I do feel for those who can't get out for a game. I'm lucky to have a club that is on top of a hill and drains well, plus we seemed to have escaped the worst of the weather

user356537
Reply : Sun 8th Jul 2012 12:40

Yes, but only fair to point out that the course is actually closed!

user16106
Reply : Sun 8th Jul 2012 16:53

Went out 9am today pouring down. first 9 holes on approval for �10. Couldnt putt with puddles. Puddles on fairways. Tees sodden. Came in after 11th when we caught another 2 ball up and the skys opened for the fifth time. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user432170
Reply : Sun 8th Jul 2012 17:18

Sun up my end, with the chance of showers. Managed to get 9 holes on the local muni with no rain. The other local 18 holer was too busy.

user38216
Reply : Sun 8th Jul 2012 18:58

We just played in a medal and the sun was scorching hot, really felt like a summer round. Finally felt like I had half at chance at our Brute of a course #comeonsandwellpark!

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 8th Jul 2012 20:24

Just played 36 at Minchinhampton. First 18 was in sunshine and I was glad to get in the bar for a cold drink. We got some rain as we walked down the 31st hole, but it was just light drizzle and was on and off for the last few holes.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top