Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Scoring correctly on card

Posted by: user259247 | Thu 5th Jul 2012 13:14 | Last Reply

Hi, I'm due to take part in my first ever competition on Saturday. Four teams are competing and the format is three quarter handicap stableford. One player from each team will make up a fourball. My problem is that I have no idea how to complete the scorecard correctly. Could someone please help me out.

ALSO. If anyone has a disaster hole and has no chance of scoring a point - should we "pick up" to save time or play the hole to completion.

Many Thanks

re: Scoring correctly on card
user356537
Reply : Thu 5th Jul 2012 17:09

Phil is this a club competition or something your have organised with mates? The reason for asking is that under the rules of golf your only obligation is to record the gross score on each hole. Technically, you don't have to worry about handicaps or points or even adding up the scores! On the other hand, if you are playing with mates in a society comp or similar they probably won't thank you if you leave it for them to work out!

If you drop me a private message with your e-mail address I'll scan in a demonstration card and instructions. Too complicated to do it on here! I'm out tonight but will be able to do it tomorrow.

Regards.

Richard

user44234
Reply : Thu 5th Jul 2012 23:10

Check the link below and you will see the correct way to complete a score card for various competition formats there's some information included as well as some advice. You'd be surprised how many cards are incorrect so don't feel isolated

http://glfs.hk/RpCreQ

Last edit : Fri 6th Jul 2012 08:40
user99350
Reply : Fri 6th Jul 2012 15:37

The above two posts would sort anyone out. Re picking up: yes if you have a group behind waiting to play up it is courteous. However if you will be waiting on the next tee it doesn't make any difference.

user356537
Reply : Fri 6th Jul 2012 20:07

Phil, I haven't e-mailed you becuase I can't really beat the link that Malcolm posted. Excellent!

Richard

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top