Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Handicap tracker in group not working properly

Posted by: user226871 | Mon 2nd Jul 2012 00:53 | Last Reply

Hi. I have just entered scores from a group event. I noticed that one one of the participants had a low score but to my surprise his handicap was not adjusted. Not happy with this I have now gone to the trouble of calculating it manually and his handicap should dropped by 1.2. His HC is 27, his adjusted score was 24 and the par today was 72. Therefore his HC should have dropped by (3x0.4) 1.2 correct? However it has dropped by 0. I have noticed this with other players on other events, so although I have not checked back, I bet this is the case. How do I fix this?

re: Handicap tracker in group not working properly
user130337
Reply : Mon 2nd Jul 2012 14:28

Hi Peter, there may be other factors ... the h'cap adjustment is made against the SSS rather than Par. So if the SSS was lower than 72 (you can check on your scorecard in GS) you wouldn't be eligible for a 1.2 cut. hth, R

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 2nd Jul 2012 15:20

Hi Peter, I'm in mid process of transferring some data but will check shortly.

It's also worth noting that the handicap updates don't take place until you've added all scores and click the submit/update button with the check box checked to confirm you've done and are ready for handicap adjustments etc.

Regards, Darren.

user226871
Reply : Mon 2nd Jul 2012 16:21

Hi gents - thanks for the replies - Richard you are correct the SSS for the round in question is 70 according to GS. However, on this basis, the net score is 69 or -1. On this basis, the handicap should reduce by 0.4 should it not?

For clarity, Par is 72, SSS is 70, HC is 27, he shot 98

Nett double bogey adjusted score = 96 Net score (adjusted score � SSS) 96 � 70 = 26 Nett score � HC = 26-27 = -1

Have I done this right?

Many thanks

Peter

user226871
Reply : Mon 2nd Jul 2012 16:23

Hi Darren � I have �submitted� the group scores for handicap adjustment

user226871
Reply : Mon 2nd Jul 2012 19:27

Hi Darren � I have �submitted� the group scores for handicap adjustment

user130337
Reply : Tue 3rd Jul 2012 08:10

hi Peter, yes, the calcs look right. If the "submission" doesn't resolve things, then you could check your adjusted score calcs.

To do this you could see how many stableford points GS thinks the round is worth. From your calcs you'd expect to see 39 overall, sounds like GS would have 38. You could then check each hole's points allocation aghainst your expectancy to see where the discrepancy is.

user16106
Reply : Tue 3rd Jul 2012 09:23

Is there any need to adj any score to net double bogie? If someone got a 9 put down a 9. Unless of course if they picked up then a net double or 10 for a blob. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user226871
Reply : Tue 3rd Jul 2012 10:04

Hi Richard

Thanks for taking the time to reply. GS assigns 37 stableford points � which is what I would expect as I calculated his nett score to be -1 (above posts). I have been over the individual holes a number of times and I am confident that the score card is correct.

I have also noticed that I am unable to re-calculate my handicap based on a specific date (for example starting from 2012 where i have posted over 3 rounds) using the handicap tools on golfshake (my handicap doesn�t change). This leads me to think there is a bug in the handicap system somewhere?

Thanks

Peter

user226871
Reply : Tue 3rd Jul 2012 10:09

Dave � adjustment here is for handicap calculation purposes only. I have members in my society that are winning in stableford all the time � and I think the fact that their handicaps are not dropping as they should is helping them! But unfortunately I can�t call them ringers as I am administering their handicaps (using Golfshake).

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 3rd Jul 2012 21:46

Peter, does this still need checking or are you happy ? let me know and I'll double check and confirm back.

user226871
Reply : Tue 3rd Jul 2012 21:51

Still needs checking please Darren

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 3rd Jul 2012 21:56

Ok, I'll check details and confirm back.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top