Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

what have you found when playing

Posted by: user390191 | Sun 1st Jul 2012 10:31 | Last Reply

now tell the truth what have you found and did you keep it anything from clubs to headcovers to money

re: what have you found when playing
user106712
Reply : Sun 1st Jul 2012 11:40

I've found numerous clubs and headcovers allways hand them in. lost a headcover and it was never handed in. Allways keep any balls I find.

Last edit : Sun 1st Jul 2012 11:41
user437159
Reply : Sun 1st Jul 2012 12:33

if i find a ball i keep it, headcovers i hand in, clubs i hand in (never found one though) found a trolley wheel last week but just left it.

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 1st Jul 2012 13:32

Playing Constantino Rocca in a Play-Off for 1st Alternate at the Car Care International Qualifying at Sandmoor GC. Got to 3rd hole and pushed my Tee shot and wanted to play a Provisional. My bag was some 50yds up the fairwy so I had to go and get another ball from it. On the way back a �5 note blew across the Tee, no one in sight so pocketed it.

Found originsl ball, made a four to win and spent first day of Tournament on 1st Tee (ready and waiting). Everyone turned up so was that payback?

Last edit : Sun 1st Jul 2012 13:33
user52922
Reply : Sun 1st Jul 2012 16:03

Payback?, maybe, Lyth, but I would be savouring not only playing with Costantino Rocca, but the fine win over him. He was no mean player and a favourite in most peoples eyes.

user410273
Reply : Sun 1st Jul 2012 17:54

As a kid in the mid 70's I found 3 very soggy �5 notes on the local rugby pitch, where I used to go practicing. Dried them out and bought 2 Wilson Sam Snead irons to compliment the 1/2 set I had at the time.

Other than that its just been the usual clubs, headcovers etc that have all been handed in.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 1st Jul 2012 18:57

I regularly find pain, frustration and heartache.......

user123290
Reply : Sun 1st Jul 2012 21:37

Always hand in stuff I find (apart from balls obviously) in the hope that anything I lose will also be handed in. What goes around comes around!

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 1st Jul 2012 21:39

Golf balls in a decent condition I keep, the ones I play with go in the bag all the other go to the golf pro who gives me lessons in return.

Found golf clubs and head covers, always hand them in at the pro shop.

A set of car keys were the oddest thing I found. Handed them into the pro shop and he said nobody had asked him for them. We were the last group out on the course!

Most things I find I will hand into the pro shop.

Russ

user459944
Reply : Mon 2nd Jul 2012 01:36

have found Tee's, Balls scrubbing brush & glove whilst out, have lost sanity & will to live on some days on the course !!!

user451055
Reply : Mon 2nd Jul 2012 14:10

Seem to be finding lots of bits of dead animals at the moment. Found half a squirrel on the 5th this morning - yuck

user417527
Reply : Mon 2nd Jul 2012 20:36

Last year when walking along a path bordering a Disney course, I found a TaylorMade Burner 9 iron that looked like it had only been used for three of four rounds. As I found it on the path side of some bushes on the opposite side the fairway, I can only assume that it had been thrown there after an errant shot. Certainly no one in their right mind would have climbed through the bushes from the fairway side of the undergrowth, given the number of unpleasant snakes one finds there.

I handed it back to the golf pro, although if he had thrown the whole set then maybe I might have thought about keeping them

user67421
Reply : Thu 5th Jul 2012 22:26

I got myself one of those telescopic ball retrievers. when I got to 15th at mid yorkshire I noticed about 6 balls that were in reach of my ball retriever so i got them all. 4 of them were nearly new Pro V1. somebody had an expensive hole.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top