Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

golfshake handicap card

Posted by: user390329 | Sat 30th Jun 2012 22:16 | Last Reply

hello to all,im wondering if any1 has a list of clubs that accept the golfshake handicap card around wiltshire/gloucestershire. im not a club member as yet so would i be able to enter open competitions producing the card? current handicap at 16.5.thanks for any info.

re: golfshake handicap card
user52922
Reply : Sat 30th Jun 2012 22:48

Paul, I am quite sure that most clubs would accept the Golfshake handicap car for normal play, but I doubt very much that they would allow it for any Open competition.

It is normal to have a recognised CONGU handicap for this type of competition and rightly so in my opinion.

user390191
Reply : Sun 1st Jul 2012 10:29

john is right on that i have never been asked for my golfshake card when i play that even at a big posh private club near me they never asked, as for comps you would need a club handicap as they would never know the truth you could say you play of 28 but you are a 16 or something as i am sure someone would try it

user463712
Reply : Tue 3rd Jul 2012 10:56

Portpatrick in Scotland does anyone know if the golfshake handicap cert will be accepted there for normal play? Heading over that direction next week. Cheers

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 3rd Jul 2012 11:09

John is correct in that 'official' club competitions such as 'Open Club Competitions' will generally require an 'official' CONGU handicap, by design these are for visiting club golfers hence the requirements.

I've known some courses accept our handicap in the past for Open club comps with stipulations but that is down to individual venues.

The Golfshake golf handicap is widely recognised for social play and proof of your playing ability.

The following is a list of some courses that will and will not accept the handicap for play, Ciaran hope this helps. It's worth noting this is an old list and we are working to update and get fully acceptance, also note that the 3rd course on the list was related to the Old Course only and as of 2011 they will accept the Golfshake/Golfscoretracker handicap.

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/1376/Will_clubs_accept_the_golfshake_com_handicap.html

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top