Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Courses in Los angeles

Posted by: user473339 | Thu 28th Jun 2012 22:34 | Last Reply

I am about to visit Los Angeles and will have a morning for golf. Any ideas of a nice course? I am staying north la so any ideas welcome?

re: Courses in Los angeles
user52922
Reply : Thu 28th Jun 2012 22:49

Mark, a course that I have played a few times when I worked in the USA is Angeles Golf club.

It is easy to get to and is just off the I210 which runs from Pasadena to San Fernando, which is in North Los Angeles CA.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 28th Jun 2012 22:51

Only one I have played over there is the PGA of Southern California course. I was a relative beginner to the game and have to admit I wasn't good enough for the course but I do remember it being a decent layout and challenging but fair (most are in the US). They have a cracking par 3 that plays about 170 yards uphill and the only thing between tee and green is a huge canyon. I'm told it's one of the best in the area and I believe they have two courses with Legends being the one to play if you can.

Be aware though, all courses in the US are 3-4 times the price in the morning to to the afternoon. "Twilight" times kick in quite early and you will find the prices drop at about 1:00pm and again at 3:00pm every day. Usually isn't dark until about 8:00pm in LA this time of the year so you can easily get a round in at those times. Buggies will be mandatory on most courses

Whereabouts in LA will you be staying (I have spent quite a lot of time there so know it fairly well) and I will be able to tell you roughly how far out it is

user473339
Reply : Fri 29th Jun 2012 07:46

Santa Monica is the location I will be staying in

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top