Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

driver loft

Posted by: user437159 | Thu 28th Jun 2012 20:47 | Last Reply

Basically im a short hitter, lucky to get over 230. ive ordered a new driver which you can adjust loft and face angle. i have a swing speed of around 80-90mph. what loft should i be using to carry it further? most the big hitters hit it sky high and carry it miles. I know ill never hit it that far and dont want to but wouldnt mind an extra 20 yards

re: driver loft
user16106
Reply : Thu 28th Jun 2012 21:44

Firstly Liam I know 230yd isnt out there with the Bubbas of this world but it is pretty good. Secondly, before buying this new singin & dancin club did you not find out if you could be fitted for it. Optimising the loft and shaft to your swing and swing speed. So you get the best from your purchase. Or was this not an option? Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user425195
Reply : Thu 28th Jun 2012 22:41

Liam, you're a young guy - I have a son about your age, he drives about 180 yards at the moment with a 15 degree driver that's little more than a toy. I'm 40 (ish!) and drive 220+ with a ping G20 costing 20 times as much as his.

My point is that my son is still developing and will get much stronger. I've no doubt in 2-3 years, with a bog standard driver he be out drivng me by 50 or more yards. I would guess therefore that rather than spend �100's searching for more distance, you wait and as you grow you will see the distance just 'happen'. Patience young man!

user52922
Reply : Thu 28th Jun 2012 22:51

Good post, Greg and great advice.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top