Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Help, what's wrong with my swing ?

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Fri 7th Sep 2007 12:57 | Last Reply

Don't say everything   I've uploaded some videos of my golf swing .

Any tips welcome and appreciated, although after yesterday's round I think I am in need of some lessons.

You can also see 6 iron and drive shots in normal and slow motion from my user profile video page . 

re: Help, what's wrong with my swing ?
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 8th Sep 2007 15:13

Cheers Chris, 'Where to begin Darren?'  yep it's all gone a bit Pete Tong !

With the faults you've mentioned you pretty much picked up on the areas where my shots go wrong based on the type of faults.  I tend to hit a very high ball, which loses distance with a slice. Yep it becomes very wristy at 3 quarters and I think I release too early.  

The 6 iron show was actually pretty good on the day but what the heck is the dip   I'll blame tidiness on the driver that was the 18th on a very hot day and all I wanted to do was to make it past the ditch/stream at about 200 yards.

Video analysis is really good, and from simply taking those images with my phone I've now got areas to work on.  Plus some lessons very soon will help !

No idea where the dips come from, not quite the Charles Barkley technique but very bad. 

Cheers 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top