Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Best Golf Insurance Is It Really Needed?

Posted by: user201647 | Tue 26th Jun 2012 08:45 | Last Reply

I have to renew my golf insurance, which is the best price and best to claim from if any thing goes wrong. I never had insurance until last year got my new clubs got a good offer from American Golf. got a letter from them to say they are going to take �32.49 from my mums account on or after the 14th July so now we want to find which company gives the best price and service.

re: Best Golf Insurance Is It Really Needed?
user459944
Reply : Tue 26th Jun 2012 09:42

Nathaniel, your better off shopping arround fella, here's a list of a couple....

www.golfcare.co.uk , www.thegolfersclub.co.uk, www.golfshield.co.uk , www.golfplan.co.uk , www.golfinsurance.co.uk , www.eandl.co.uk/golfinsurance , www.golferspolicy.co.uk , www.direct-golf.co.uk

hope this helps, Tim

user61256
Reply : Fri 29th Jun 2012 07:35

If you haggle with Golfcare you will get it for about �22 and three free round for Devere, Marriot and Q Hotels.

Last edit : Fri 29th Jun 2012 07:35
user201647
Reply : Fri 29th Jun 2012 07:47

Went with golfcare in the end that is who I am insured with will know for next year to haggle. Found that they are best looked at all they insure and for the price where much lower than the rest.

user106712
Reply : Fri 29th Jun 2012 09:42

I was with golfcare (never claimed) I paid the same amount and got free vouchers and 3 balls and a srixon hat. When I went to renew a year later the price was much higher �35 I think and there were no gifts as the price and gifts are for new customers only. And they weren't prepared to haggle. Read the small print as they only pay out if your clubs are stolen on the course or the boot of your car with forced entry and then only at the golf course.

g) shall not cover losses from your place of work, education or residence or in a parked vehicle at these places.

h) shall not cover theft from vehicles unless the vehicle has been fully secured, the equipment is kept out of sight in a locked boot or covered luggage area and such theft shows evidence of forcible and violent entry to the vehicle.

i) shall not cover theft from any premises unless such theft shows evidence of forcible and violent entry to the premises.

Last edit : Fri 29th Jun 2012 09:46
user201647
Reply : Fri 29th Jun 2012 09:52

Am getting 3 free vouchers for 3 free rounds of golf no free balls

user106712
Reply : Fri 29th Jun 2012 10:32

I got it 2 years ago they must have given more gifts then! To be honest the free rounds are worth more than you are paying for the insurance. But when you renew next year you probably won't get the free gifts and if the cover isn't great it may be worth changing companies.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top