Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Well done son!!

Posted by: user410273 | Mon 25th Jun 2012 22:59 | Last Reply

Open Qualifier @ Mere. Well done my son! Birdied the last to post a 71, level par, and get through to the local Q's.

re: Well done son!!
user451055
Reply : Tue 26th Jun 2012 07:40

Really well done to your son! I was one of the recorders at the event at Moortown yesterday and it was awesome. Best score for us as was a 66 and we had to have a 6 man playoff for the 72s as only 3 could go through. Heartbreak for a local lad when he missed a short putt for a birdie. Good luck in LFG - you will find out the course and start times today I think.

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 26th Jun 2012 12:31

Hi Judy,

You must mean 'young Nicholas', I call him that because I know his dad David. 25th reserve may be good enough though and a late trip to Lancs isn't too bad.

For anyone interested the R&A have all the TeeTimes and Scores on their web site.

www.theopen.com/en/Qualification/RegionalQualifying.aspx

Last edit : Tue 26th Jun 2012 12:33
user451055
Reply : Tue 26th Jun 2012 14:08

Yes Nick! I was informed by the R&A chap afterwards that all the 72s and some 73s will get in as alternates so fingers crossed he has predicted correctly. Nick is a fantastic player and I was gutted for him. Dunc had a go too but he only has one working leg at the moment. My husband caddied for him and said his knee packed in half way round. All them scores on the website for Moortown - I put them in - very proud to be a tiny part of a great event

user451055
Reply : Tue 3rd Jul 2012 13:06

What is your son't name Brian? - I am keeping an eye on the Final Qualifying today.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top