Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Shots on which holes?

Posted by: user112727 | Tue 19th Jun 2012 20:03 | Last Reply

I'm due to play a lady in the Volvo maychplay next week, she is off 18, I'm off 14. So she gets 4 shots but off the ladies stroke index or the men's stroke index as they are different on our scorecard? Any ideas? I'm guessing women's? Rich

re: Shots on which holes?
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 20th Jun 2012 07:45

Richard I think you also need to make a course adjustment because technically you are playing different courses (layout) and you may find that there is a different Par and different SSS for the 2 sets of tees.

I believe there is a guidance note on this so I will dig it out and post later.

user355541
Reply : Wed 20th Jun 2012 08:37

From the Volvo website:

1. In addition to their normal stroke allowance ladies will also receive the difference between the men's and ladies standard scratch score from the tees to be used.

Examples The ladies Standard Scratch Score will generally be higher than the men�s SSS. In the following example consider the men�s white tees SSS is 72 and ladies� red tees SSS is 75. The difference between the men�s SSS and ladies� SSS is 3

Player A Bob Williams h�cap 4 Player B Laura Smith h�cap 16 Laura will receive 15 shots, that is 16 + 3 � 4 = 15. Shots will be taken in accordance with the ladies stroke index.

Player A John Marshall h�cap 15 Player B Sue Bull h�cap 3 John will receive 9 shots, that is 15 � 6 (3 +3) = 9. Shots will be taken in accordance with the men�s stroke index.

user451055
Reply : Wed 20th Jun 2012 13:18

Interesting that the shots are given in accordance to the different cards.

Whenever I have played against chaps and have received extra shots because of the difference in par of the 2 courses, any shots I get are taken in accordance with the men's card.

user355541
Reply : Wed 20th Jun 2012 14:41

The Volvo one is matchplay. There are different rules for medal/stableford/bogey in mixed competitions.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top