Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Does Golfshake auto adjust handicap for par 3 courses?

Posted by: user425660 | Tue 19th Jun 2012 12:49 | Last Reply

As per title.

My local course has a proper 18 hole par 70/71 course and a very good 18 hole par 3 course, par 54.

Golfshake lists the par 3 course but I wanted to know does it adjust your handicap automatically when you add the scores for a par 3 course as I dont want my handicap being inaccurately skewed!

Golfshake has my handicap at 18 at the moment and correctly or not I put myself down as a 14 handicap for the par 3 course (on the gorunds that 54 is rought 3/4 of 71 and with my scratchy maths 14 is roughly 3/4's of 18. Is this the correct way to calculate it?

If so I scored 42 points playing the course to +10 but if golfshake calculates this off my full handicap of 18 I will have 46 points and my handicap will come down loads!!

• Does golfshake auto adjust handicap for shorter courses?
  • For future was I correct in assuming a 3/4 handicap?

All help much appreciated

re: Does Golfshake auto adjust handicap for par 3 courses?
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 19th Jun 2012 13:13

Yes it does. So the best bet is to untick the 'track handicap' box for that par 3 course so it's ignored for handicap tracking.

user425660
Reply : Tue 19th Jun 2012 14:07

I dont mind if it adjusts my handicap. I just wanted to make sure that it doesnt adjust it inaccurately but very useful to know that you can log a score but also have it ignored for calculating a handicap

Seeing as my short games not the best playing the par 3 course might be a good option for me moving forward and therefore may play more often

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 19th Jun 2012 14:12

Hi Dave, it's also worth noting that if you change the handicap in the strokes box this is used only for stableford point calculations and not the handicap.

user425660
Reply : Tue 19th Jun 2012 15:31

I dont mind if it adjusts my handicap. I just wanted to make sure that it doesnt adjust it inaccurately but very useful to know that you can log a score but also have it ignored for calculating a handicap

Seeing as my short games not the best playing the par 3 course might be a good option for me moving forward and therefore may play more often

user355541
Reply : Tue 19th Jun 2012 17:34

I would be very surprised if a par 3 course had a Standard Scratch Score - I assume you would need one to enter scores.

If, as I think, it is the Lee course at Ramsdale, it is less than 3,000 yards and therefore cannot have a Standard Scratch Score.

Last edit : Wed 20th Jun 2012 14:47

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top