Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

pulling the ball

Posted by: user437159 | Sat 16th Jun 2012 18:16 | Last Reply

been puuling the ball quite a bit recently, anyone know how to stop this?

re: pulling the ball
user52922
Reply : Sat 16th Jun 2012 19:48

Liam, if your alignment is correct and your aim at the top of the swing is correct then the only possibility is that you are opening your shoulders too soon in the downswing producing the outside to inside path. Try and drop the arms and hands first before attempting to open the shoulders.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 16th Jun 2012 20:07

John is quite correct, but the problem I had when I went through a stage of doing this was much more simple. I had the clubface closed at address.

Next time you do it, hold the club at arms length before releasing the grip. The toe of the club should be pointing straight up (12 o'clock position). If it is turned anti-clockwise (pointing to 11 o'clock) that is at least part of the problem. To check this before a shot, when you address the ball grip the club tightly with the left hand before swinging. If the clubhead turns and the face closes your grip is too strong (your left hand is too 'on top' of the grip)

user38216
Reply : Sun 17th Jun 2012 09:32

Open up on the backswing, simples!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top