Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Extended clubs

Posted by: user473117 | Sat 16th Jun 2012 17:20 | Last Reply

I'm 6'8" looking for reasonably priced extended clubs. I'm just starting out so don't want to pay a fortune for brand new clubs can anyone help plz?

re: Extended clubs
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 16th Jun 2012 17:52

Gary,

Ping do a coloured dot system which identifies the club length (among other things). The dot colour is the same no matter which club you get. I've had quick look at the Ping website and based on you being 6' 8" you would need blue dot (no guarntee I'm right mind!)

When you know that your dot colour, search for some used Ping clubs with that dot colour online. You will know they are the right length for you. ebay or golfbidder are good places to start

re: Extended clubs
user425195
Reply : Mon 18th Jun 2012 09:01

Chris, just FYI, the dot colour on the Ping clubs indicates the lie angle - I'm 5'9 and have blue dots - I think it means I just have a slightly upright stance. However, Ping do genuinly build the clubs to order and when you have a fitting, you will get the right length shafts.

You should pay about �65 per iron, but no need to buy the whole set as you get a reference number where you can order individual irons to your spec at any time - I started with 5,7,9, PW, SW and have added a couple more over time.

Last edit : Mon 18th Jun 2012 09:06

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top