Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

complete beginner in manchester . need to learn and need someone to play '

Posted by: user472238 | Mon 11th Jun 2012 20:03 | Last Reply

hi everyone my name is simon and iam 48. Picked up a club last week for the first time ever and was hooked instantly. Playing on a range and practicing my t off and a few other shots...but cant wait to get on grass. Bought myself a set of second hand irons,,,,so they need using and i need showing....if you fancy a round and you can put up with a complete beginner and hopefully teach me something then drop me a line....iam in south manchester near the airport and dont mind travelling for a game up to say 15 miles or so. Always available on mondays, tuesdays and thursdays

thanks Si...

Last edit : Mon 11th Jun 2012 20:03
re: complete beginner in manchester . need to learn and need someone to play '
user390191
Reply : Mon 11th Jun 2012 20:34

welcome to golfshake simon, if you want to go out on your own local to you is moorend in woodford not the best but a nice 9 hole that lots of people start with also has a driving range, altrincham is another one to try not sure how busy they are during the week as i play most weekends

user472238
Reply : Mon 11th Jun 2012 20:45

Hi Karl...thanks for the welcome and will take them courses onboard...shame you only play weekends...we could have made a poss date and knocked a few in the week ' never mind '

Iam using cranford range at the mo but mite visit styal range soon

Last edit : Mon 11th Jun 2012 20:46
user390191
Reply : Tue 12th Jun 2012 13:43

yip shame but hey you never know, not been to cranford in years as woodford is close to me i use that and it is 120 for �7 the one at the trafford centre is also good, i belive there is a short course in off the main road to didsbury

user430247
Reply : Sat 16th Jun 2012 21:07

another small but good course is WILLIAM WROE in urmston its a par 64 , 4300yds ,tel 0161 748 8680 , we pop on after work in the week �11

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top