Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

can i hand in these cards?

Posted by: user437159 | Mon 11th Jun 2012 18:28 | Last Reply

i have played two best rounds in the last few days. +10 and +8 gross.. i had no mulligans or 'given' putts and my mate was recording, we played from the yellows. both cards are signed, but i was wondering if i was legally allowed to hand them in. obviously id like to, as some of you will know of the challenge i have set myself. will this effect my handicap? the SSS from the yellows is 63 (par 65). so two questions, can i hand them in and what effect will it have on my handicap? (current club hanidcap 16.2)

re: can i hand in these cards?
user52922
Reply : Mon 11th Jun 2012 18:47

Cannot be handed in under the supplementary card rule as intention has to be stated before play commences. Pressure of the card and all that.

Getting ones handicap down by playing short courses will do you no good in the end, Liam.

user437159
Reply : Mon 11th Jun 2012 18:52

thank you john. i understand what you mean, i play at two courses, one over 6,200 and odd and this one. But i undertsand exactly what you mean, thank you for the advice.

user16106
Reply : Mon 11th Jun 2012 20:25

I agree with John on this one Liam. Play at this short course by all means. I think it will be very beneficial for your short game. But I wouldnt put cards in as this will make your handicap artificially plummet. These are two very good and tidy rounds all the same. Keep it up. Are you driving the short par 4s 250-270yds? Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user437159
Reply : Mon 11th Jun 2012 21:31

Dave, i dont drive the ball very far 215-240 maybe. i rely on my short quite a bit and my iron play. to me, this is why my game seems to travel well

user355541
Reply : Mon 11th Jun 2012 21:36

Even if you had followed Supplementary Scores rules - notifying in advance and not deciding afterwards if you have a good round - you can only submit Supplementaries playing at your Home Course.

user437159
Reply : Mon 11th Jun 2012 21:56

i am a member at this course James.

user355541
Reply : Mon 11th Jun 2012 22:27

Sorry Liam, but you did say you were a member of 2 clubs. One of them has to be nominated as your Home Club and that is the only one at which you can submit Supplementaries. Scores from qualifiers on both courses will count on your handicap record.

Last edit : Mon 11th Jun 2012 22:32
user437159
Reply : Tue 12th Jun 2012 16:29

arh right, thank you james :D

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top