Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf Complexes

Posted by: user389894 | Tue 5th Jun 2012 20:54 | Last Reply

Can anyone tell me if there are any UK golf complexes that offer similar facilities to Ashbury Manor in Okehampton?

A large group (20+) of us have been going there for the last few years. We've got no complaints whatsoever - our stay at Okehampton has always been v.enjoyable, and I'd recommend to anyone who hasn't been there - but we're looking for somewhere different for 2013.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

re: Golf Complexes
user390191
Reply : Wed 6th Jun 2012 12:22

we are going to celtic manor in feb nest year sure matt can give you info

user417527
Reply : Wed 6th Jun 2012 16:36

It's not really the same as the Ashbury where you can get to do lots of other things as well as golf, but there are usually great deals to be had at Hawkstone Park in Shropshire. We went there last winter and unfortunately they only let us play on temporary greens on the Championship course, but they were better than some of the greens I played on in summer at other courses.

It's the place where Sandy Lyle learnt to play, and both courses (The Chamipionship and Hawkstone) are more than worth making a trip for, and that's without including the excellent food and rooms we got to enjoy.

user123290
Reply : Thu 7th Jun 2012 08:59

I've been wondering the same thing Neil but having done as much research as humanly possible I cannot find anything that comes close to offering the same facilities as Ashbury for the great value price. Hence the reason we're going back next month for the 5th year in a row

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top