Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

1st ever Birdie!

Posted by: user398345 | Tue 5th Jun 2012 17:58 | Last Reply

Funny how it goes, I'd been getting a bit depressed because I haven't been getting hardly any Pars! So very welcome surprise to get my first ever birdie today, on a Par 4 as well!

Just goes to show these things will happen occaisionally if you keep trying your luck, for that has more to do with it in my case, than great skill and prowess! It never looked like it was going to happen until the very end though.

Not a great Tee shot on the 248 yard 3rd, leaving around 160 to go. Reasonable 2nd shot got me to about 20 - 25 yards out from pin about 10 yards short of the green. It was a bit like the recent Tiger moment, PW flop shot from rough grass, up and down, bump and roll straight in to the hole, you little beauty!

Helped me to record the lowest round I've had in ages, so very pleased indeed!

re: 1st ever Birdie!
user16106
Reply : Tue 5th Jun 2012 18:24

Well done Bob. Its not how its how many. A birdie is a birdie. There will be many more to come and I still have a fist pump when I get one. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user80078
Reply : Tue 5th Jun 2012 19:03

Well done Bob. It's what keeps bringing us back.

user464897
Reply : Tue 5th Jun 2012 19:38

Well done Bob,great feeling when it goes in.

user397946
Reply : Thu 7th Jun 2012 21:39

Well played. My first birdie was a chip in aswell. Have plyed that particular hole well ever since!!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top