Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Best Round Ever

Posted by: user16106 | Tue 5th Jun 2012 11:42 | Last Reply

Just finished my best round ever and it came as a total surprise when I tallied the score up. Started off not too good with a double on the 2nd, Treble on the 6th. By now I didnt think I was up for a good round. 45 out was pretty ordinary. Then a fantastic back 9 with 2 birdies and nothing worse than a bogie meant a back 9 of 35. Shot 80 dead. Beats my pevious best of 81. So close. Then the thoughts of what if.... All in all very happy with an 80.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

re: Best Round Ever
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 5th Jun 2012 11:46

Great round Dave, one shot left and it would have been a score in the 70's!!!!

At least you know you can do it now and the next time you have a good round it may break 80.

Russ

user16106
Reply : Tue 5th Jun 2012 15:42

Cheers Russ, A couple of things ive done different were more use of longer irons off fairways 4s, 5s, 6s. I didnt use 1 fairway wood all day. Also Im taking a little longer to look at my putts but not too long. Sill my 2 ball went round in only 3.15 hrs. I wasnt too bothered that I didnt break 80 as the putt on the 18th was about 30ft for par. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user417527
Reply : Tue 5th Jun 2012 16:42

Excellent stuff, Dave! Last week I played a round and went something like 35 out and 45 back, so at least you played your round the right way: Saving the best till last! Fingers X'd that next tme it's in the 70's.

user398345
Reply : Tue 5th Jun 2012 19:09

Well done with your 80, and good luck for getting into the 70's. I can only dream of such scores, while I strive to break 100! Nearly made it once, but been struggling to get close again ever since! It sound like you can do it to me, as you weren't too impressed by ypor front 9 score, so obviously can do better there!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top