Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

whats the best golf book you've read?

Posted by: user437159 | Sat 2nd Jun 2012 18:24 | Last Reply

ive just finished reading Hank Haney's 'The Big Miss' Great book

re: whats the best golf book you've read?
user321680
Reply : Sat 2nd Jun 2012 21:11

All the bob rotella books are pretty good. Swing like a pro is good also but for a full swing instruction book it's hard to look past Hogans five lessons. The book that made the most difference to my game has still been Dave Stocktons unconscious putting.

On a separate note thought Tom Watsons dvd is pretty good too. His book how to get up and down from 40 yards is next on my shopping list.

user459944
Reply : Sun 3rd Jun 2012 00:26

one minute golfer by Ken Blanchard, quality read and makes you think !

user80078
Reply : Wed 6th Jun 2012 16:37

Plenty of great golf books out there and I have a good collection. The best read was Seve (the official autobiography). I can reread it every six months and enjoy it more each time.

user16106
Reply : Thu 7th Jun 2012 20:53

Apart from being a good read, have any of these books actually made anyone out there a better golfer. Has any of the books gave anyone a "eureka!" moment and found the missing piece to the jigsaw.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user356537
Reply : Thu 7th Jun 2012 23:25

I'm with John Dowson, The Greatest Game Ever Played is well worth reading. Also, by the same author (Mark Frost), The Match: The Day the Game of Golf Changed Forever and The Grand Slam. If you want to a enjoy good laugh I would highly recommed Tom Cox's two golf related books - Nice Jumper and Bring me the Head of Sergio Garcia.

Richard

Last edit : Thu 7th Jun 2012 23:25
user321680
Reply : Fri 8th Jun 2012 13:38

Dave not sure about eureka moments but they've certainly improved my understanding of my swing and errors.

Dave Stocktons book without doubt has helped me shave at least 4-5 strokes off my putts per round. Probably isn't as impressive as it could have been had I not been a terrible putter beforehand but it's turned into a competent putter now.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top