Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Wentworth in the Morning

Posted by: user356537 | Thu 24th May 2012 22:05 | Last Reply

I'm off down to Wentworth for the day tomorrow....anyone else going?

re: Wentworth in the Morning
user338942
Reply : Thu 24th May 2012 22:14

Nope. Stressholme for me. Jealous?? ......thought not :P

user356537
Reply : Thu 24th May 2012 22:34

I'll be thinking of you Dave!

user16106
Reply : Thu 24th May 2012 22:38

Have a great day Richard. Ive heard the 7th green is a great vantage point. Dave CAC handed Geordie

user21179
Reply : Fri 25th May 2012 00:10

didnt quite qualify this year, just outside the world top 50 unfortunately !! so i wont be there either, enjoy it Richard.

user356537
Reply : Sat 26th May 2012 13:16

Thanks guys. We had a fantastic day although quite a long one - left home at 6.30 am and got home at 10.00 pm!

My only gripe - �8.60 for a beefburger is a bit OTT!

Dave, we spent about 1.5 hours on the back of the 8th tee. Especially with binoculars, you can watch them play the whole of the 8th. You can also see them tee of the 11th and play the par 3 10th. Good spot.

Looking forward to watching it on the BBC this afternoon.

Now saving my pennies for one of thos rather nice properties on the estate! But as I'm moaning about paying �8.60 for a beefburger you can probably guess I'm never likely to own a property at Wentworth!

Richard

user250721
Reply : Sun 27th May 2012 13:11

I went yesterday (sat) and had such a good day. I'd agree with Richard. �8 for a burger is a lot but I do expect it with such a big event. However when it was pushing 30 degrees all day �2.20 for a small bottle of water was far worse.

I followed Ian Poulter from the first to the 3rd green where we sat and watched a few groups.

Then was walking down the 4th fairway when Brett Rumford lost his ball right in front of us, we helped to find it and then was literally 3 feet behind him as he pitched out after having to take a unplayable.

Then we sat for a good hour by the side of the 7th green and watched a few groups come through. Lara, Jadiee, Monty, Mannersero and a few others. Watched a few shots at the 10th then sat again for a while at the 11th green. We then walked the rest of the course quickly to get to the first to see a few more groups tee off, I think about the last 5/6 groups.

After that we took our seats in the grandstand at the 18th where we stayed until the finish. Watch around 22 or so groups come in and after seeing putt after putt miss was a real great buzz when Luke came down to birdie,

Truly great day out and 100% will be back next year.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top