Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf Accidents

Posted by: user419306 | Sat 19th May 2012 13:32 | Last Reply

Last edit : Wed 23rd May 2012 15:44
re: Golf Accidents
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 19th May 2012 15:19

In a recent case that was almost identical (player was hit in the eye but was on the course) he was able to sue both the club and the individual who hit the ball. He won over �500k in total due to losing sight in one eye

user38216
Reply : Sat 19th May 2012 19:31

All golf clubs take out liability insurance for their members and the majority also include loss or damage to members golf equipment if not otherwise insured more specifically. The only policy condition is that the club must not make this information available to the members unless asked!

user356537
Reply : Tue 22nd May 2012 23:22

David, I'm not sure it's quite correct to say that all clubs take out liability insurance for their members! I spent 12 years as treasurer and a member of the management committee at our club and whilst we did take out liability inurance it was to cover the club in the event that a member wasn't covered. It's not quite the same thing and a member without cover could, theoretically, face bankruptcy before the club's policy kicked in.

user356537
Reply : Tue 22nd May 2012 23:24

Incidentally, there has also been a recent case (I can't recall the name) where the judge ruled against the injured party in a perosnal injury claim. The judge must have been a golfer becuase he was quite scathing of the claimaint and said that golfers accepted a certain level of risk when stepping out on the course.

user298481
Reply : Wed 23rd May 2012 14:38

Hugh, i reckon any minute now you are going to "come out" as an employee of golfinsurance4you.com or some such.

complete waste of the "�29"

user298481
Reply : Wed 23rd May 2012 15:18

lol

user298481
Reply : Wed 23rd May 2012 17:07

wow, i don't usually have that effect on people!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top