Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

App's for phones?

Posted by: user321680 | Thu 17th May 2012 16:44 | Last Reply

Any word on Golf Shake getting an app to input scores? one for android would be great

On another note when I try accessing the website from my phone I cant add ro reply to posts. This might just be my phone though

re: App's for phones?
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 17th May 2012 16:52

John, hopefully very soon but with a mindful view on the acceptance of mobiles on the golf course

John, you couldn't add messages via phones/tablet devices but hopefully this was fixed at around 16:50 tonight

Last edit : Thu 17th May 2012 16:52
user321680
Reply : Thu 17th May 2012 16:53

Cheers Darren

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 17th May 2012 18:06

Just being tested for course info but check out

Http://m.golfshake.com

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 17th May 2012 21:18

Feel free to post any feedback if you have tried on your phone very early BETA but just testing out for golf news, course information, local courses and shortly course reviews.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 17th May 2012 22:06

Just a few early thoughts

1. Add variable distance option (search radius) to Golf Courses Nearby
  2. When the input scores functionality is added, link to it from the course page. By that I mean (for example) use Golf courses nearby, click on course, click on scorecards, click on the scorecard for the tee you are using and this opens the scorecard for inputting
  3. Hylands Golf Course, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada is much more than 8.24 miles from Stroud!!!
  4. Course search is showing 10 of 12 records but no 'next page' button to see the other two courses
  5. When searching for a club, it would be good to see how far away it is from current location (gps location on phone)
  6. A 'Get directions' option that links to the map allowing you to use the sat nav on the phone to get there
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 17th May 2012 22:07

By the way, liking the sliders. Makes it much easier to use than inputting data

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 17th May 2012 22:26

I did say it was a BETA system.

Just updated the course info to include the course reviews.

Particularly check out Beeston Fields for the 'what golfshake says' part

http://m.golfshake.com/club/beeston-fields-golf-club/?id=13904

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 17th May 2012 22:29

Chris, all points noted.

Will let you know shortly for testing of score input

Thanks!

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 18th May 2012 20:37

Thanks for feedback. System will be tweaked and tested over the next week.

Check out the page for the GolfLIVE host The London Golf Club - http://m.golfshake.com/club/london-golf-club/?id=15366 (obviously works best on a mobile device)

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 9th Dec 2013 16:00

plans are in place for a Golfshake app and feedback would be appreciated via this survey:

http://glfs.hk/1ifRkRH

user53837
Reply : Thu 8th Oct 2015 10:55

Hi all, just to confirm that the Golfshake app as finally arrived in the UK Apple app store.

To download access the Apple store and search for 'golf handicap' or 'golfshake' or follow this link

https://appsto.re/gb/I0w85.i

The initial phase is focused on the core Golfshake functionality; tracking scores and stats, access to handicap data and basic round information as well as providing the ability to also read course reviews and track scores for additional players.

Now we are live we are just finishing off the Android development and will then be looking at phase 2 which will focus on improved stats & analysis within the app plus additional functionality as per the feedback of the survey we did.

Last edit : Thu 8th Oct 2015 10:55

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top