Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

golf cheap sale site

Posted by: user432875 | Thu 17th May 2012 08:46 | Last Reply

Hi

Has anyone used or know anything about this site? .golfcheapsale.

I know they are from China so duty and tax will need to be paid. I'm more concerned about them being fakes.

Any comments valued

Link removed by Mod

Last edit : Thu 17th May 2012 10:02
re: golf cheap sale site
user106712
Reply : Thu 17th May 2012 09:05

FAKES FAKES FAKES

Don't waste your money on these scammers. They only accept visa or western union.  they have no contact details. they are chinese , based in US with a .co.uk website. they have only been running 68 days probably were shut down before that under a different name.

Domain name: golfcheapsale.co.uk
Domain Title: Cheap golf club sets, Golf clubs for sale in UK-Golfcheapsale.co.uk
Description: Buy cheap golf club sets on golfcheapsale.co.uk- your first choice for best golf equipment
Domain Age: 0 Years, 68 Days
Website Speed: Slow
Owner: wenben zhou Unknown
Address: jing sheng road
Postcode: 46466
Website Location: United States 
Notes:-
This website appears to be new and is only 68 days old.

Last edit : Thu 17th May 2012 09:09
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 17th May 2012 10:03

If it looks too good to be true it probably is.  I wouldn't touch these

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 17th May 2012 10:11

Agree with comments above.  If looks to good to be true then it's almost certainly fake.

The manufacturers in the US are at last tackling this problem and very agressively with a recent closure of 170+ fake websites - http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/u-government-shutters-175-fake-golf-club-websites-152737878.html

Also, and this is by no means a sure fire test for trust worthy online stores, but here are a few bullet points to look out for:

http://www.golfshake.com/forums/view/9268/Online_Retailers_Buy_with_confidence_recommendations.html

user356537
Reply : Thu 17th May 2012 12:05

As I have said previously, a quick way to tell is to look and see if they are selling ping clubs online.  If you can add them to your basket it's a scam site.  Ping do not allow any genuine retailer to sell their clubs online.  If you don't believe me check a site you trust (that big American one is a good place to start) and try and buy a Ping club online!

One of the juniors at my club has been bought a TaylorMade R11 for a birthday present off a scam site.  The club came from China and whilst it looks very convincing it is clearly a fake.  It make a totally different noise when hit and is 20% shorter.  He's so disappointed.

Richard

user390191
Reply : Thu 17th May 2012 12:47

best place to look for cheap stuff is ebay and search local to you  that way you can go and pick them up

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top