Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Mizuno JPX800 irons

Posted by: user689 | Thu 17th May 2012 08:35 | Last Reply

I am thinking of purchasing a new set of Mizuno JPx 800 Irons and 52 and 56 degree wedges. I am a 15 handicapper who has been playing with Taylormade rac os for over ten years and decided it was time to change. I have read and watched most of the reviews and they seam a really good club suited to my game. i have done a custom fit online and i am coming out at a standard fitting on all the sites i have tried so just got to push the PAY NOW  button. I have looked at the nikes , taylormade and a few othres but these ones really caught my eye.Does anyone have these clubs be great to here first hand what you think? or any other comments.

Last edit : Thu 17th May 2012 08:39
re: Mizuno JPX800 irons
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 17th May 2012 10:00

My advice is "Always try before you buy".  Try as many as you possibly can.  The Mizzys may be fine but you may try something that you really like that suits as well.  If you go to any golf store with a range or launch monitor and let them know you are looking for new irons they should let you try them out.

Also, ensure you get a proper custom fit.  At your handicap it could make a real difference and is even more important if you tend to keep your irons for a good number of years.  Every club in my bag has been custom fit and I could tell the difference between the old 'off the shelf' and the new fitted. 

re: Mizuno JPX800 irons
user430457
Reply : Thu 17th May 2012 14:03

Shaun,

i tried these recently as they appeared to tick all the boxes that i was after and they looked good and are well priced but i didn't get on with them at all.

I tried them at the same time as Taylormade RBZ, Adams Redline, Titliest AP1, Ping G20 & i20 and Cleveland CG16.

All lovely but all quite different and have ended up going for the Cleveland, despite really thinking i would be buying Ping.

Try as many as you can - it'll really influence your thinking.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top