Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

ever had that feeling?

Posted by: user437159 | Sat 12th May 2012 18:00 | Last Reply

where your hitting it great yet the scores dont reflect? hope its not just me!smileyhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor362/plugins/smiley/images/regular_smile.gif" title="smiley" width="20" />

re: ever had that feeling?
user201647
Reply : Sat 12th May 2012 19:36

You need to concentrate on the short game more, I can hit a 1 wood 250 yards of the tee but have had to work on my short game more as that is what wins games. I have been told by my coach that before I go out on the course to pratice putting for 45 mins and the same for hitting and chipping the lower you get the more you relise that its not about how far you can hit a ball but the its all about praticing. Some times me and my friends spend all day praticing and dont go out on the course, my friends are all 6 handicap and under. I some times just caddie for much lower handicap players than me in comps, a few months ago I caddied for a man who was going round with 2 tour pros and just watching them play helped me a lot and relised that where when I hit on to the green for a 100 yards I very rarly got as near to the pin as them it was a really great experance, so watch the very low handicap players or try and see if they will let you play with them.

re: ever had that feeling?
user382076
Reply : Wed 16th May 2012 08:58

I have experienced that in the past and i've found that it comes down to short game, if only my putting was as good as my driving and iron play, i'd be playing under par every week :P. What i do before every round is spend about 45 minutes to an hour on the practise green and practise bunker. usually helps keep the scores lower

Stuart

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top