Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

totally confused ...

Posted by: user437159 | Thu 10th May 2012 20:13 | Last Reply

right here it is. Im joining my second club tomorrow. my active handicap is 16 at Stand GC where i play in all comps and district junior matches. joining prestwich tomorrow, will i be able to play in the comps with my 16 handicap? as CONGU is based on one course will my handicap only change at one club or both?

asked a similar question before just didnt get the answers.. ^.^

re: totally confused ...
user249902
Reply : Thu 10th May 2012 20:28

Liam, not 100% sure but I think the procedure to follow is as lollows

get a h/c cert from Stand GC and pass it onto the handicap sec at Prestwich, and in form Prestwich you wish to use an 'away' h/c. as for h/c changes you are responsible to inform your home club and adjust accordingly, but you can adjust down but not up.

to ensure you get the correct info speak to the h/c sec at Prestwich asap

user437159
Reply : Thu 10th May 2012 20:35

got the handicap certificate today just i dont want to be in the situation where i am a member of two clubs but my handicap can only be used at one!

user127343
Reply : Thu 10th May 2012 20:46

It wont matter as they are all linked to a central computer. So if your handicap changes at one club it automatically changes for the other. The same applies if you play a comp at any other club as a visitor or guest (an open for example). The handicap sec of the relevant club alters your handicap on the centralised system. In essence you only have one handicap,

regards, Michael.

user355541
Reply : Thu 10th May 2012 21:10

I answered your original posted query on 20/4/12. Here was my answer:

"You can only have one CONGU handicap. If you are a member of more than one club, you must nominate one club as your Home Club (normally the one where you play most qualifiers), who will administer your handicap. You have the responsibility to report your qualifying scores away from your Home Club back to your Home Club. Almost all clubs are registered to the Central Database of Handicaps (CDH) and upload the results of all qualifiers so that you really shouldn't have to do anything - but it's still your responsibility to ensure it happens."

user437159
Reply : Thu 10th May 2012 21:36

dave, highlight the word 'joining' in that sentence. after research on the two clubs i was joining it showed the junior sections were poor. therefore i found another which turned out to be prestwich as mentioned in the post.

james - thank you.

user201647
Reply : Sat 12th May 2012 18:50

Although most golf clubs are  linked to a central computer I try  and ask for  my score card or get a read out and take it to my 1st club, I and my friends  have had cards go missing at junior opens and my 2nd club.. Mind you if I play badly then dont bother. So what do you do if you had a good score and it is not sent to your club do you play at the handicap that is on central computer? Or play to the handicap you should be?

user355541
Reply : Sat 12th May 2012 20:50

It's your responsibility to reduce your own handicap if you have a good score away from your club and you haven't/or it hasn't been reported back to your club.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top