Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Posting Scores for Handicap

Posted by: user460046 | Thu 10th May 2012 17:45 | Last Reply

I am pretty new to this, and I have been adding scores for my handicap since the start. Good and bad rounds, is this a good idea? Is the handicap based on your last 3 rounds say? or Is it better to just add your 'good' scores to get your handicap down.

As is stands my handicap has been getting progressively worse since i started :-)

Id be greatful for any advice on the matter,

Cheers!

re: Posting Scores for Handicap
user355541
Reply : Thu 10th May 2012 18:35

You would only be fooling yourself if you only entered "good scores".

user460046
Reply : Thu 10th May 2012 18:42

Well yea, i know that. I was just curious how the handicap system worked more than anything. I have been posting every round I have played, so im not cheating myself in any way. I would gain nothing from doing that anyways lol

user417527
Reply : Sun 13th May 2012 13:58

Your handicap should reflect all of your scores, so keep on posting them all.

Just know that your good scores will bring your handicap down far quicker than bad scores will increase it, so your handicap is really trying to reflect the scores you are capable of, rather than the scores you are more likely to get.

user460046
Reply : Sun 13th May 2012 14:50

Cheers Neville, i didnt realise that until yesterday. I hit a 93 on friday, my best ever score, my handicap dropped dramatically. Then played yesterday and scored my usual 100+ lol and it only went up 0.1 point. I suppose its a sign im going in the right direction, its just going to take time :-)

user417527
Reply : Sun 13th May 2012 18:21

No worries, Darren. Hopefully the good scores will outweigh the bad ones, but if that happens then you won't be part of the vast majority of golfers I know

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top