Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Custom Fitting

Posted by: user465035 | Tue 8th May 2012 11:01 | Last Reply

Hi,

Does anyone have views on the value of going to PING at Gainsborough rather than using a superstore? I know that my local superstore has a 'thing' about Ping - the fitter recently told me that they cheat - I was comparing the loft on an i20 to a Wilson fg tour. Clearly I favour the i20 and after that negative comment I am loath to be fitted there.

re: Custom Fitting
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 8th May 2012 11:04

What about a generic location that will fit any club ?  depends where you are but check out these articles on fitting at the Belfry and Oulton Hall

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/1698/Custom_fit_session_at_The_Belfry.html

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/1110/Oulton_Hall_Nike_Custom_Fit_Experience.html

user390191
Reply : Tue 8th May 2012 12:28

as most if not all are made in china like ping or other manufactures buy cheap sell high

user465035
Reply : Thu 10th May 2012 07:35

Dave, I do hope you didn't think I was naming and shaming. I avoided naming the outlet for that reason. I do think though that if you get a response to a question about the lofts on two manufacturer's 7 irons that one of the manufacturer's is a cheat should cause you to worry about that outlets motivation to fit you properly. Don't you? 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top